• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help and advice on pellets and veggies please

bunnies95

Young Bun
yesterday i wrote a post about my buuny percy who saldy died and i asked for advice for the benefit of my other 2 bunnies alife and barney.

a few people told me to reduce the pellets to egg cup measurement which i did today and was 18grams (1 egg cup) for both bunnies, should they be given and egg cup measurment each or just one per the 2 bunnies?

veggies - how much do you feed your bunnies and what do you feed them, and do you give them veggies everyday?

i read that if you reduce pellets you should increase veg intake but dont know what or how much and how often

How many pellets were they having before? It's really important to reduce slowly over a number of weeks.

I'd make this one change to start with and work towards an eggcup full each to start with :)

Make sure they are eating plenty of hay in the meantime and then think about the next change.

This is what I would do anyway to make sure their tums adjust well :)

As bisc said. It's better to reduce the pellets slowly to avoid a tummy upset.
I give mine an egg cup each and this seems enough to maintain weight - every bunny is different and you may need to adjust slightly.

Mine get around a cup of veg a day. There's no need to increase veg intake when you decrease the pellets but you will need to provide extra hay as when they're hungry they'll be filling up on their hay (which is a good thing).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back