• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey has cold ears

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
So Joey has cold ears, Mouse & Boo have warm ears. They are inside buns (no heating on here though) who have been snuggling together for several hours so its not like he has been sitting in a colder spot than the girls. Poo, appetite & demeanor fine. Should I be concerned based on temperature alone?

I wouldn't be too concerned (says the girl who's been melting down about a few sneezes).
Keep a close eye and maybe give a warm blanket or similar if everything else seems okay. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be too concerned (says the girl who's been melting down about a few sneezes).
Keep a close eye and maybe give a warm blanket or similar if everything else seems okay. :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank You DP - I've put some extra fleeces in their chilling zone (which Boo is re-arranging - he won't like that, the girls are messy but Joe likes stuff tidy). Its easy to melt down over very liitle when they are your own, I know all too well

So Joey has cold ears, Mouse & Boo have warm ears. They are inside buns (no heating on here though) who have been snuggling together for several hours so its not like he has been sitting in a colder spot than the girls. Poo, appetite & demeanor fine. Should I be concerned based on temperature alone?

I would watch and wait at this stage ..

How are they coping seeing a lot less of Mummy and Daddy these days? :wave:

Truffle quite often has cold ears - colder than Lewis's when sat next to each other in the same room. I used to worry about it, but now I don't!

Mine seem to get cold ears when they've been sitting and relaxing but once they've hopped about a bit, their ears warm up again. Get him moving, see if that makes a difference. Providing he's not hunched down, sulking, lethargic, and everything is normal then no, I wouldn't worry if his ears are a bit cooler than his buddies'.

Well I had to leave him but he does seem fine (ears still a little cool but not so much).

They doing great in our absence MM - very loving to each other. Boo has stopped guarding us at night though, she comes up for her bedtime treat then straight back down to join the others. She made a rubbish guard bunny anyhow

Esupi - encouraging !

Thanks so much for all your replies

Well he is still full of beans & still has cooler ears, maybe as he is less fluffy than my girls. I've never noticed before but then again I was previously queen of central heating

They do like to worry us don't they :lol: I must admit feeling ear temperature is not something I do regularly and so I certainly would not have picked this up in the absence of any other symptoms. It might just be that the weather has changed and there's no heating on during the day. We haven't got heating on during the day and my feet are certainly colder than they were a month or so ago.

I think just observing his behaviour as you are doing. Takes your mind off the whistling though doesn't it :lol:

They do like to worry us don't they :lol: I must admit feeling ear temperature is not something I do regularly and so I certainly would not have picked this up in the absence of any other symptoms. It might just be that the weather has changed and there's no heating on during the day. We haven't got heating on during the day and my feet are certainly colder than they were a month or so ago.

I think just observing his behaviour as you are doing. Takes your mind off the whistling though doesn't it :lol:

I wish :lol:

I wish :lol:
Can you teach the rabbits to whistle? Aboleth sometimes makes a great whistling sound when she's excited about food (as if wshe's ever excited about anyting else!) :lol:).

Sometimes mine's ears are diffeently cold: the other day, 3/4 ears here were toasty, and one of Aboleth's was really chilled. Even after she'd got excited and run around for a bit it was stilll much cooler. Was fine a few hours later though! Weird.

Can you teach the rabbits to whistle? Aboleth sometimes makes a great whistling sound when she's excited about food (as if wshe's ever excited about anyting else!) :lol:).

Sometimes mine's ears are diffeently cold: the other day, 3/4 ears here were toasty, and one of Aboleth's was really chilled. Even after she'd got excited and run around for a bit it was stilll much cooler. Was fine a few hours later though! Weird.

if my rabbits start to whistle they are straight in the rehoming section :lol:

Back