• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got a heat pad for an indoor bunny?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
Doughnut seems to love the warmth and will always lie in the sun if it is shining through. I was thinking of getting her one of the heat pads for winter when the heating goes off at night and also in the morning when I go to work. My house doesn't get that cold but in the middle of the night it's obviously a lot chillier and think she may like a heat pad to snuggle up to, although I'm probably wasting my money and she won't even look at it!!

I looked into heat pads for Kirsty last Winter, but they all seemed to be really expensive for what they were.

Instead I used old 1L plastic bottles, filled them with hot (not boiling) water, wrapped them up in one of his blankets and placed them on their side. He loved them and would often snuggle up next to them, grooming them. :love:

Definitely worth a try!

Doughnut seems to love the warmth and will always lie in the sun if it is shining through. I was thinking of getting her one of the heat pads for winter when the heating goes off at night and also in the morning when I go to work. My house doesn't get that cold but in the middle of the night it's obviously a lot chillier and think she may like a heat pad to snuggle up to, although I'm probably wasting my money and she won't even look at it!!

Yes I have a 24/7 heat pad and the buns absolutely love it :love:

I got beanie heat toys for the girls.... the ignore them so I claimed them as my own now

1c8d2833333ae233616143b894ca5591.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I was looking at the snugglesafe one which seems to last 10 hours, what make is the 24/7 one?

Snuggle safes are good. But they are a bit hard for older buns and get cold quite quickly. Mine don't seem to last 10 hours :lol:

I've had mine a long time but there are loads of them online. Mainly made for cats I think ..

Have you changed your avatar? Doughnut looks a lot more prominent now :D

Yes just changed it. I have so many photos of her and I think this one sums her up a bit with her ears slightly open and looking a bit cheeky. She had stopped to have a think on what mischief she could get up to!

Yes just changed it. I have so many photos of her and I think this one sums her up a bit with her ears slightly open and looking a bit cheeky. She had stopped to have a think on what mischief she could get up to!

Yes, looks like it :lol:

She probably won't be interested and I'll end up with it in my bed keeping my tootsies warm lol xx

:lol: Not so far fetched as you may think!

I bought one for a friend's rabbit quite a while ago, and she told me that she got worried as they nibbled the cover. So she decided to use it for her own feet :lol:

I have one for the indoor piggies. It's a Petnap aluminium one with a fleece cover and a metal covering on the cable so it can't be chewed. Highly recommended. I originally had it for my 10.5 year old arthritic bunny and she sat on it almost permanently so I can safely say it was a hit. The piggies love it too when the nights are colder as it get cold in the conservatory.

Back