• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns say a big thankyou to ru

Its shocking thinking about how different i thought 15 months ago, when i bought willow and squiggles from Pets AT Home. This is what i had both buns in 4ft
DSCF0618_zpsqfciwgy2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] After being sold a male and female instead of 2 males, 6 babies came along and i bought another tiny 3ft cage. When the babies got bigger i bought a 6ft double and joined it on to the 2 tiny cages.
DSCN0014_zpsg5xjf7lp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]. I still didnt feel they had enough room so bought a 5ft double hutch and joined and knocked that through too.
new%20hutch_zpsbrunjzcl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]. Then the little nethies came along but had to go outside so i cut an hole for the buns on the bottom to use that space.
DSCN1109_zpslv18heq2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]. My last expansion ive completed today. I cant possible make any more living space for them now. I felt sorry for the buns on top because id gave the others the nethie run so had an idea about putting another level is so the top ones could have a conservatory too.
DSCN1111_zps122omnpl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1115_zpsextjretb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1116_zpsbbaxuche.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1118_zpsmfegjkuy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1126_zpsyzcqcqef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Sorry for so many pics and the size of them i dont know how to make smaller.
If it wasnt for the advice and inspiration from member on RU my buns wouldnt be so happy and they certainly wouldnt have the amount of space they have. S thankyou RU for being so knowledgeable, Love from me and the buns. xxxx

Hi w&s, I really enjoyed looking through your photos. It's really clever what you have done with the top part of the corner enclosure.

Im another who has taken a fair bit of inspiration from here :) Not only do I now have seven buns, after becoming a little bit obsessed lol, but my original trio now have a huge run / playhouse & tunnel compared to their first hutch / run x

You've done a fantastic job for your bunnies :love: I've learnt a heck of a lot on here myself, this forum really is gold mine of info for bunny lovers!

I have to say that you've personally inspired me. Because I knew practically next to nothing about wild plants I never had the confidence to even think about going foraging. Your foraging diary thread made me realise that I didn't need to be an expert straight off the bat, I could start with a couple and then gradually build my way up. And my buns are very grateful for all the yummy forage they're now getting :thumb:

That looks amazingly brilliant. You're so smart! Please come build me something next.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It looks amazing:thumb: your rabbits are very lucky to have you :love: I joined RU when I had 1 pair of rabbits, 2 girls I bought from a backyard breeder :oops: i found RU when I googled about 2 females humping :lol:

I had no idea about the number of rabbits in rescue. Once I joined I realised, and I adopted a pair of boys from The RSPCA. Each pair had a 5ft double hutch with an attached run, which I soon found out through RU was unsafe as it is was one of the metal runs that rabbits had got their heads stuck in.

I decided after I realised a shed and aviary run would be better to try a quad bond, and they moved into a 6ftx4ft shed and attached aviary run 17ftx10ft. They loved it :love: sadly they are all at the bridge now :cry: but I know they had a happy life.

In the meantime we met and fell in love with Boots whilst helping out at Barnsley Animal Rescue (BARC) so for awhile I had 5 rabbits! RU has a lot to answer for:lol: I'm very glad I found RU :love:

Your new level is wonderful :love:

In my view RU is a fantastic community to demonstrate the sense of "giving and taking". There are times when each of us needs support and encouragement and there are times when each of us has something to give, either in knowledge or support. I think we all benefit from what I see as a sharing community. Not forgetting our rabbits, who most certainly also benefit.

All of you are right, it is about giving and taking Omi. I knew next to nothing when i joined RU and ive learned loads along the way. I think everyone who visits gets something from the forum and when posting about their buns they give information back. I cannot express how grateful i am of RU because i really believe my buns would not be this happy. I do feel like i belong to a community. x

All of you are right, it is about giving and taking Omi. I knew next to nothing when i joined RU and ive learned loads along the way. I think everyone who visits gets something from the forum and when posting about their buns they give information back. I cannot express how grateful i am of RU because i really believe my buns would not be this happy. I do feel like i belong to a community. x

I am glad you feel at home here :D

For my part, I have learned an awful lot from you. Your foraging thread for a start has been a godsend. I love foraging, and there can't be too many thread like that for me :)

And your carpentry skills have blown me away! The top shelf conservatory is a stroke of genius to use the space. I wish I were more handy, but then I only manage with the hours I have in the day and wouldn't be able to squeeze another skill in.

Thank you for being here W&S :wave:

And your carpentry skills have blown me away! The top shelf conservatory is a stroke of genius to use the space. [...] Thank you for being here W&S :wave:
Yes, thankyou! I'm useless at cutting straight so everything I try ends up wonky :lol: but you do an amazing job :D

I am glad you feel at home here :D

For my part, I have learned an awful lot from you. Your foraging thread for a start has been a godsend. I love foraging, and there can't be too many thread like that for me :)

And your carpentry skills have blown me away! The top shelf conservatory is a stroke of genius to use the space. I wish I were more handy, but then I only manage with the hours I have in the day and wouldn't be able to squeeze another skill in.

Thank you for being here W&S :wave:

Thanks mightymax but ive learned as ive gone alone with the foraging thread and have had lots of help :lol: im nowhere near competent.
Thats the last of my carpentry projects now, i wish i could have made it a bit higher but it looked silly. Im now happy ive gave them all the space i can.

Back