• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

left the rabbits open by mistake

I have said so many thankyou's to god this morning. Some how we have left a door open in the bottom hutches last night. The dogs have the run of the downstairs when we go to bed so the saftey gate to the bun room is left open. My OH came down first this morning and found both dogs on the sofa and tiggi and darcy in their dog bed and cosmo and blitzen stretched out on the run. These 4 buns do mix with the dogs when we watch tv sometimes on an evening my never unsupervised, and since pud is nearly blind they dont mix as much. I cannot believe it. I know my dogs like the buns but OMG things could have been so so bad i feel awful. The dogs are now going to the gate asking for them to come back in. Needless to say we will be both checking and rechecking the doors before bed.

Easily done. I left my outside pair's run open a few nights ago and they were out overnight. Woke up to much less lawn than I remembered, but thankfully they were both okay.

They have even used the biggest labrador as a litter tray, he WAS white. x Ive never even let the buns have the run of their room over night because its just the safety gate separating the two rooms.

I once opened my hutch in the morning and a very tired and fed-up looking cat crawled out. The bunnies were fine but the cat was very hungry. My cats and bunnies have always got on fine but I would never have deliberately trapped a cat with the bunnies.

I've also shut a cat in the guinea-pig room and the pigs have been fine.

That sounds like I am really careless with the animals but the incidents were some time apart and I did have nine cats. Sadly, I only have four now. They do like to hide in small spaces though - I shut one in the cupboard under the stairs once too.

I have said so many thankyou's to god this morning. Some how we have left a door open in the bottom hutches last night. The dogs have the run of the downstairs when we go to bed so the saftey gate to the bun room is left open. My OH came down first this morning and found both dogs on the sofa and tiggi and darcy in their dog bed and cosmo and blitzen stretched out on the run. These 4 buns do mix with the dogs when we watch tv sometimes on an evening my never unsupervised, and since pud is nearly blind they dont mix as much. I cannot believe it. I know my dogs like the buns but OMG things could have been so so bad i feel awful. The dogs are now going to the gate asking for them to come back in. Needless to say we will be both checking and rechecking the doors before bed.

I realise this could have been a potentially explosive situation, but it wasn't and the picture you create is one of peace and harmony when OH came down. I wish you'd had a camera to hand :D

I'm sure we've all done this sort of thing and your buns and dogs sound chilled :D

I'm so glad all was well!

I was imagining a different disastrous situation - the two quads had got out with fur flying everywhere. :shock: Glad it wasn't that - and that your dogs didn't harm Blitzen, Cosmo, Darcy, or Tiggi.

Back