• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peppermint tea

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
During Daisy's recent illness, Jane suggested peppermint tea to encourage more drinking. I have just bought some, but need some advice please :)
Do I just make the tea like it says on the box, leaving the teabag in for a couple of minutes, then let it cool and offer it to the bunnies as it is? Or do I just add some of it to their bowl of water? Sorry if I sound really dim! :oops:

I would put it in a separate bowl just because I think that the bunnies should be allowed the option pf plain water just in case they do not like the tea. Most likely they will love it but still I think they should have both options.

I would put it in a separate bowl just because I think that the bunnies should be allowed the option pf plain water just in case they do not like the tea. Most likely they will love it but still I think they should have both options.

Yes, it needs to be in a separate bowl. I make Lord H's relatively weak, leaving the tea bag in for just long enough to make the water look slightly coloured. Lord H likes his tea served whilst still warm :)

Peppermint tea seems a love it or loathe it taste! My two bunnies really benefited from it, but hated the taste, so I syringed it.

Yes, it needs to be in a separate bowl. I make Lord H's relatively weak, leaving the tea bag in for just long enough to make the water look slightly coloured. Lord H likes his tea served whilst still warm :)

Thanks :) I did mean in a separate bowl, I would always have plain water there too. I get it now, thanks :) this might benefit Olly, as he hardly drinks at all... :) x

Back