• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range in garden

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I've wanted to let them girls free range in the garden for ages!! So today we done it. They had an hour and hey went back in the house when I noticed a large bird of prey searching the gardens.

fffdab8409c6ca4972d7a600e07570e1.jpg

d92d5a9dfd84d62d2a771f1efa362b45.jpg

2e2f2be16a5943dd9488ab7bd1b3c6ea.jpg

fe62764cdc8c2a350a7f72c329c427df.jpg

28983f573fc20cf439ae668e8a13f18a.jpg

We got lots of videos but I can't upload them on here sadly. Shame as there is a really funny one of Phoebe jumping on top of a plant pot, not getting the balance right, falling, then sat staring at me as if to say "Delete that video now!"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They look like they have had a brill time. Im in bad books if i dont let these lot in the garden everyday. I really dont know what i will do when it gets even colder. I too love seeing them outside. They act so different when they are running free, its hilarious.

They look like they have had a brill time. Im in bad books if i dont let these lot in the garden everyday. I really dont know what i will do when it gets even colder. I too love seeing them outside. They act so different when they are running free, its hilarious.

Thick coat, balaclava, gloves .. :lol: My buns always go out in snow so no excuse for us!

Why not? :(

Too busy now as house renovating elsewhere, our new home has more of a back yard than a garden - I'll try & make it fun for them though. Joey is a swine to get in from this garden so on a positive note they can have outside time most days rather than only when I can commit to watching them until his lordship chooses to come in

Too busy now as house renovating elsewhere, our new home has more of a back yard than a garden - I'll try & make it fun for them though. Joey is a swine to get in from this garden so on a positive note they can have outside time most days rather than only when I can commit to watching them until his lordship chooses to come in
Awh :(
At least there is a positive, being a yard it should be easy to predator proof.
We ended up bribing with green beans although Phoebe did keep coming back in of her own free will, she seemed more relaxed that way.

Thank you Kim_w

Mini lop1 - I think Phoebe adored it... she's constantly at the back door now asking us to open it. If we do she's straight out there no matter how cold. I've thrown on a jumper a couple times to follow her out to keep an eye on birds of prey/cats. She's done mad dashes around which is lovely to see. Daphne on the other hand couldn't care less.... She's looked out the back door then run back inside to warmth (She's not as fluffy as Phoebe). We're due to do work in the garden today so might take them out, but will fill a hidehole with lots of stray to go and snuggle in if she wants.

Thick coat, balaclava, gloves .. :lol: My buns always go out in snow so no excuse for us!

I know their is mixed opinions on house buns going out when its cold. Mine have all been used to it since we got them though. Willow and squig went out all year and the babies were born in november and went out for the old half hour when they were 6 weeks ish. I think they grow half of a winter coat.

I know their is mixed opinions on house buns going out when its cold. Mine have all been used to it since we got them though. Willow and squig went out all year and the babies were born in november and went out for the old half hour when they were 6 weeks ish. I think they grow half of a winter coat.
That's good to know. We don't have snow here so doubt they'll ever get to experience that :/ :( but I'd love to be able to let them out for a bit in winter.

I've noticed Daphne (the dominant) follows Phoebe around the garden.
Is it common for the dominant to allow it's fellow subjects to take the lead in new situations?

Do you think you'll have pots of flowers etc for them to demolish? :)

Back