• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to weigh a continental giant??

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
After going to feed and snuggle Penelope she is now back breakingly heavy and huge!!

She is over a year old so want to weigh her if poss at home, she is due annual vaccines soon so will find out there, but ideally want to monitor her weight over the winter.

Any ideas/scales etc?

Human digital scales.weigh the carrier,subtract that from bunny in carrier.Hmnnm does a conti fit in a carrier though.:)

Can you pick her up and hold her? If so, weigh yourself on bathroom scales then weigh yourself again while holding her and work out the difference. I have no idea how heavy she is though - we have a 1.5kg mini lop :lol:

You can get baby scales or postage scale that have the display slightly separate to the scale so it's easier to see. Many vets will weigh for free too so it's worth asking your local practice. If you know how much the carrier weighs you can pop her on the scales without having to take her out even.

Yes she's a fair bit more than a mini lop!! ;)

She isn't keen on being held, the sheer size of her aswell! I'll invest in a bigger carrier and weigh that then her in it. My local vets is quite far so I don't want to stress her out with the car journey if I can avoid!

Yes she's a fair bit more than a mini lop!! ;)

She isn't keen on being held, the sheer size of her aswell! I'll invest in a bigger carrier and weigh that then her in it. My local vets is quite far so I don't want to stress her out with the car journey if I can avoid!

:lol: what's about average for a conti? Sounds like a good plan with the bigger carrier :)

:lol: what's about average for a conti? Sounds like a good plan with the bigger carrier :)

Well her mum and dad were both over 6kg!! So she should be well on her way to that now ! Last time she was weighed was A while ago and she was 4kg when she was spayed. She's now matured and definitely filled out more!

See if she'll stand on the bathroom scales. She's almost certain to be over 5 kg so it should be accurate.

Either that or the Wii Fit if you have one!

Mine have both stopped out at 5.5kg - not huge for Conti's but healthy :) I used baby scales initially, but now rarely weigh, they get weighed occasionally when they go to the vets & I keep an eye on them from a condition point of view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back