• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not What I Wanted to See in Lord H's Enclosure This Morning *WARNING BLOODY PHOTO*

Gosh. That'd scare anyone.
Last time I had blood in an enclosure was when a fox attempted to attack the ferret cage, it didn't get in but it managed to rip my poor dylans front leg off through the bars. I didn't notice the blood until Dylan didn't come running for his breakfast and I started looking around for him.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ouch Lord H!! Cookie somehow did that in her carrier coming back from the vets the other day. I got her out and was sat with her on the sofa and my daughter said "muuuum, there's lots of blood in the carrier!" Cue a panic and I realised she was sat soaking it through my pale coloured hoodie! It really does produce an alarming puddle of blood!!

Good Lord...what a scary sight! :(

I've accidentally cut one of Pip's nails completely off...God how it bled! Awful! I did the same to Fiver once too. And then he managed to pull two of his toenails from one front foot out and left bloody stumps and I didn't even see it till I had to take him to the vet for an unrelated issue. :(

I think our bunnies would be better off without these troublemaking elements of their physiology but I wasn't involved or consulted in their design. :?

I'm glad to hear Lord H is doing well despite this incident. I hope you are ok too, Jane. xxxx

:shock: OMG - I'd have gone into a blind panic. Glad he's OK, even if he has a poorly footsie.

That would have freaked me out. Thank goodness Lord H is fine.

I once got up to bloody all over the chinchillas shelves. Was relieved it was from Babydarling's hock and not something more serious.

My Heather pulled a claw out about 10 days after her spay. I went into complete panic mode. I thought she'd opened her operation as she'd already pulled her stitches out. The OOH's vet waited for me and checked her over. She'd pulled a claw out on a hind foot. There was so much blood. I don't cope well in situations like that, I was hysterical, the vet was mildly amused. We were pleased it was 'just' a claw. I thought Heather would hate me, I'd only just adopted her, she was very forgiving and was fine the next morning. It was so scary.

Back