• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits 'know' if we're ill?

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
Jaspers behaviour has changed dramatically since I got home from surgery on Wednesday. He has been following me upstairs, Bouncing around and full of beans. he runs to do the door when someone is there(I can't get up) and last night he slept outside the bedroom door all night .... he had never come upstairs prior to Wednesday :shock: strange behaviour
But it is nice to have a little shadow sometimes :lol:

I think they do.

Years ago when I had flu, I was asleep on the sofa. Louise (a non-people house bunny) slept permanently at the foot of the sofa and intermittently periscoped to see me over a few days. :love:

I believe they do know. Last year I broke my ankle and was on meds that knocked me out. I'd often nod off on the couch and I would wake up and see an eye looking back at me. It was my bridge boy checking I was ok. He never usually jumped up on me he preferred the seat next to me on the couch at cuddle times. It's lovely to hear Jasper is looking after you :love:

Jaspers behaviour has changed dramatically since I got home from surgery on Wednesday. He has been following me upstairs, Bouncing around and full of beans. he runs to do the door when someone is there(I can't get up) and last night he slept outside the bedroom door all night .... he had never come upstairs prior to Wednesday :shock: strange behaviour
But it is nice to have a little shadow sometimes :lol:

That's really lovely :love:

I am sure they know that *something* is different, even if not exactly what. Just shows you how much you are loved by the men in your life x

I'm sure they do. Candy used to just "know" if I'd had a rough day and she would sit, nothing else except an occasional lick.

I miss her terribly! They are not Silly that's for sure!

I think they know, but I also think my boys must just be absolute :censored: bunnies.... The only time either of them have ever peed on me I was all bundled up on the sofa poorly and I thought they were being cute climbing on me... Nope both of them were up there to have a pee :( I felt very hard done by as a load of washing did not make me feel better! :lol:

In their defence they were only babies at the time :lol:

Now they don't treat me any differently if I'm poorly or not, luckily I have a dog who is always up for cuddles!

I think they know, but I also think my boys must just be absolute :censored: bunnies.... The only time either of them have ever peed on me I was all bundled up on the sofa poorly and I thought they were being cute climbing on me... Nope both of them were up there to have a pee :( I felt very hard done by as a load of washing did not make me feel better! :lol:

In their defence they were only babies at the time :lol:

Now they don't treat me any differently if I'm poorly or not, luckily I have a dog who is always up for cuddles!

Oh no :lol: :lol:

Not sure about the buns, but cat George is stuck to me like Velcro if I'm poorly, and if I'm feeling down he knows, comes and sits on me, by me and comes to bed with me-animals are the best medicine :thumb:

My bridge boy Chester knew when I was pregnant so I guess they could know when we are ill/feeling under the weather. Actually thinking about it when I cough through having a regular cough Lola just ignores me. When I cough through having an allergic reaction and find it hard to catch my breath she gets wide eyed, nervous darting about and thumps. She knows something isn't right with me!

Back