• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poorly foot

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
Doing chases nails last night and thought back left leg felt strange like all welded together, cut fur away to see what it was panic mode has he broken a toe, or infection. Anyway he been vets this am they don't think it's broken touch wood, but infection possibly foreign object from in the garden, more likely as he digs top end to have a wee and roses had been dropping but I had cleared a lot up.
They will recheck him next week but now he thinks I was naughty as I gave him what rabbits hate baytril. But soon forgiven with more breakfast
Hope swelling goes down my poor little loving fella

Aw...poor Chase. Sending healing foot vibes your way with all due speed. My dogs are just discovering rosebushes for the first time and Jenna literally won't walk in the garden near where they are. She's found a thorn or two already. :(

Hope he's feeling better soon. Tell Chase my Mimzy loves baytril and he should take his like a good lad. :love: xxxx

Aw...poor Chase. Sending healing foot vibes your way with all due speed. My dogs are just discovering rosebushes for the first time and Jenna literally won't walk in the garden near where they are. She's found a thorn or two already. :(

Hope he's feeling better soon. Tell Chase my Mimzy loves baytril and he should take his like a good lad. :love: xxxx

thanks i will tell him, mabel hated the taste and always pawed her mouth after :lol:

Doing chases nails last night and thought back left leg felt strange like all welded together, cut fur away to see what it was panic mode has he broken a toe, or infection. Anyway he been vets this am they don't think it's broken touch wood, but infection possibly foreign object from in the garden, more likely as he digs top end to have a wee and roses had been dropping but I had cleared a lot up.
They will recheck him next week but now he thinks I was naughty as I gave him what rabbits hate baytril. But soon forgiven with more breakfast
Hope swelling goes down my poor little loving fella

Oh so sorry Lisa!

Best vibes for young Chase. You gave him the right name then, with all his running and digging :)

Oh so sorry Lisa!

Best vibes for young Chase. You gave him the right name then, with all his running and digging :)

yes right name, we didn't name him though it was name he already had. maybe that's why, we couldn't change his name as my little nephew thought he was named after paw patrol dog and he likes paw patrol, my dad said he might be named after tv programme

Ouchee !! I hope his foot heals up quickly xx

thanks just got back from getting him some more fiba first sticks, couldn't wait to get back to him, when I got back I soaked his toe in warm water and gently went over area, I got abit of thorn out, I think there may still be a tiny bit more on bottom, will try again tomorrow, but he was so well behaved, feel abit better myself having got bit out I could feel near side, as that felt quite big when poking his little foot

thanks just got back from getting him some more fiba first sticks, couldn't wait to get back to him, when I got back I soaked his toe in warm water and gently went over area, I got abit of thorn out, I think there may still be a tiny bit more on bottom, will try again tomorrow, but he was so well behaved, feel abit better myself having got bit out I could feel near side, as that felt quite big when poking his little foot

Oh well done, hopefully any remaining thorn will work its way out now. But soaking his foot in warm water again is a good idea. If you have any Epsom Salts available then adding a wee bit to the warm water can help draw out thorns and splinters.

yes right name, we didn't name him though it was name he already had. maybe that's why, we couldn't change his name as my little nephew thought he was named after paw patrol dog and he likes paw patrol, my dad said he might be named after tv programme

:lol:

Good luck with that little foot of his :)

Oh well done, hopefully any remaining thorn will work its way out now. But soaking his foot in warm water again is a good idea. If you have any Epsom Salts available then adding a wee bit to the warm water can help draw out thorns and splinters.

Thanks I think my Nan has some of those salts will ask her for some tomorrow

Poor little chap, hope his liitle foot feels a bit easier now you've got some of it out. Gentle nose rub for you brave little Chase xx

Your Nan is a star, she is usually on hand to help :love:

yes she had some :), chase seem more his buzzing happy self today, swelling looks like it may be going down at the top, think he is enjoying me giving him extra fiba first sticks then he should be having, he isn't complaining :lol:

Poor Chase :( I hope his foot is completely back to normal soon. You are very clever getting some of the thorn out. I imagine it must have felt very sore beforehand, poor little chap. You know yourself, when you get a very tiny splinter in your hand it hurts a lot.

Back