• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed out.......

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
So today is my birthday :( I had the day off work and needed to take the cat for a routine blood test at the vets (he has hyperthyroidism) but I read a message sent to our Rescue from a woman who wanted her rabbit taken in 'like yesterday' as she'd moved house and left the rabbit in a hutch at the old house. The lady who runs the Rescue tried to arrange a time and place to collect the rabbit, but the stupid woman wouldn't budge an inch, it had to be at her convenience, not the Rescue's. I tried to contact her to see if I could go today to collect it and she basically told me to F* off and mind my own business. I rang the housing association office to get someone to go and see if the rabbit was still at the empty house, which they did and rang me back to say the rabbit was there with no food or water. The water bottle was dry. I asked the association woman to fill the bottle up and put some grass in, I hope she did. The owner of the rabbit has sent a load of abusive messages to the Rescue and to me, telling us to mind our own business, which has caused a lot of upset, and I now feel so depressed, thinking of that poor little soul sitting there waiting for someone to care about it. I wish I could go and get it, but I cannot trespass onto their property, and steal the rabbit. :cry: The lady at the Rescue is at her wits' end, she has family problems and in tears over this. It's not the first time she's been on the receiving end of abuse over peoples' pets. I'm worried if I ring the RSPCA the owner will know it's us and cause more problems. She says she has another home for it. I hope the housing association will keep an eye on it, but I'm not sure.

Oh goodness, happy what's-left-of-your-birthday.

This is an upsetting problem but neither you nor the lady in the rescue has done anything wrong. I think the RSPCA might be a good move, if the rabbit is still there, uncared for, in the morning.

So today is my birthday :( I had the day off work and needed to take the cat for a routine blood test at the vets (he has hyperthyroidism) but I read a message sent to our Rescue from a woman who wanted her rabbit taken in 'like yesterday' as she'd moved house and left the rabbit in a hutch at the old house. The lady who runs the Rescue tried to arrange a time and place to collect the rabbit, but the stupid woman wouldn't budge an inch, it had to be at her convenience, not the Rescue's. I tried to contact her to see if I could go today to collect it and she basically told me to F* off and mind my own business. I rang the housing association office to get someone to go and see if the rabbit was still at the empty house, which they did and rang me back to say the rabbit was there with no food or water. The water bottle was dry. I asked the association woman to fill the bottle up and put some grass in, I hope she did. The owner of the rabbit has sent a load of abusive messages to the Rescue and to me, telling us to mind our own business, which has caused a lot of upset, and I now feel so depressed, thinking of that poor little soul sitting there waiting for someone to care about it. I wish I could go and get it, but I cannot trespass onto their property, and steal the rabbit. :cry: The lady at the Rescue is at her wits' end, she has family problems and in tears over this. It's not the first time she's been on the receiving end of abuse over peoples' pets. I'm worried if I ring the RSPCA the owner will know it's us and cause more problems. She says she has another home for it. I hope the housing association will keep an eye on it, but I'm not sure.

I would call the R.S.P.C.A.

I'm sorry you've got this problem P, and hope you can enjoy what's left of your birthday.

You're a kind soul :love:

What an awful thing to contend with on any day, especially your birthday.

I hope the poor bunny has a happy outcome.

I also wish you a happy birthday, despite the events of today x

Surely if she has left the rabbit behind when she moved and not made any arrangements with the housing association then the rabbit can be deemed no longer her property and the HA could reasonably decide what happens to it .. eg if they are being responsible contacting RSPCA or a rescue. The 'owner' (ex-owner) could be deemed to have abandoned the rabbit seeing as how it has no food or water. By whatever means that poor bunny needs to be got out. Has her tenancy finished? Surely the HA would give permission to feed the rabbit, then it's not trespass. I f they don't give anyone else permission to feed the rabbit then aren't the breaking the law by allowing it to suffer... All so sad. What a callous woman to focus on abuse instead of the needs of the rabbit.

Gosh, this is shocking... how awful that the owner has just left the rabbit. I mean, I guess at least they called the rescue to get it but what are they being so difficult for now :( Don't they get that you can't leave an animal (especially a rabbit!) without food and water while you arrange a convenient time to have it taken care of :? That's such odd demanding behavior.

I really hope the HA or the RSPCA will do something this morning.

Happy rest of your birthday x

I know it's difficult as you'll be worried about what the lady will do, but I'd call the RSPCA and report it as they'll likely go out and take the rabbit away immediately. You can let them know you asked the HA to give it water and some grass because you didn't want to it be left without for any longer.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes thank you MM, rang the RSPCA and they will go and look to see if the rabbit is still there. Still feel really stressed about it though. Hope you are OK xx

Back