• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah has had blockage surgery. . he's home!!!.

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
X-ray suggests blockage in worst place just outside stomach ... Just like Barnaby's.

I'm in bits he's precious beyond words.

Please think of him.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the vibes and good wishes.

The blockage has been successfully moved along and he was waking up when I got the message. Usual cautionary warning of "it's early days", but he's over the first hurdle.

The blockage can't have been in situ as long as Barnaby's so hopefully recovery not as complicated.

Thank you so much for the vibes and good wishes.

The blockage has been successfully moved along and he was waking up when I got the message. Usual cautionary warning of "it's early days", but he's over the first hurdle.

The blockage can't have been in situ as long as Barnaby's so hopefully recovery not as complicated.

Oh dear, so sorry to hear this :(

I really hope recovery is swift and that you're bearing up OK?

Thanks everyone. Elijah is hanging on in there. His blood glucose has gone from 20point something back down to 9. A stricture was found in his small intestine and the vet (Rosie) had a bit of worrying time thinking she was not going to be able to move the blockage past the stricture. Thankfully she managed. Sadly it explains why he is prone to stasis/obstructions. But for now, he's doing as well as can be expected.

Last edited:
Back