• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rhdv2 and vaccine in scotland

Griffski

Warren Scout
hi i've just read that rhdv2 has been reported in dumfries and midlothian.

does anyone know if it's around glasgow yet ?

.. and has anyone been able to get their bunny/ies rhdv2 vaccinated in glasgow .. my vet doesn't have the vaccine.. i started asking back in june.

My vet posted on Facebook a few days ago to say they would get the vaccine in for anyone who wanted it, although they are in Airdrie not Glasgow. The nearest confirmed case I know of is in the Falkirk area.

Here is a map showing vets that are currently stocking the rhd2 vaccine, it looks like there are 3 around Glasgow now :thumb:

Not aware of RHD2 being in the glasgow area, this FB group is quite good for keeping track (and also is where the map comes from)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
wow .. thanks .. this is a fantastic link ! gives me a great start position for phoning round . thanks so much iiisecondcreek :)

My vet posted on Facebook a few days ago to say they would get the vaccine in for anyone who wanted it, although they are in Airdrie not Glasgow. The nearest confirmed case I know of is in the Falkirk area.

Thanks Casco ... that's worrying it's been reported in falkirk .. good to know.

Eek, I'm just outside Falkirk :|
Guess my boys will be getting the 6month booster then!

I'm about half an hours drive from Falkirk - it was a few months ago I saw on the map that there had been a confirmed case there so I've been keeping an eye out to see if any more were confirmed or suspected but nothing else so far. My vet have only just got the vaccine so I'll be getting mine done soon.

hi called my own vet today before phoning round surgeries on the map and apparently a licensed uk vaccine is now available and i may be able to get the bunnies vaccinated next week depending on how the order process goes. hopefully will now be easier for everyone to get vaccine ( unless it runs out !).

I suspect that's just an assumption on their part that because the vaccine is available via their normal wholesaler that it's now uk licenced - I've checked the vmd list of licenced products which is refreshed daily and there's definitely nothing showing. It sounds as if they've got the process in train anyway - if it's not one on the map can you please let me know who they are and when they get it and I'll add them to it :)

I'm further up than that, my vets haven't got it yet, they don't see many rabbits at the practice, I've been nagging them !

I suspect that's just an assumption on their part that because the vaccine is available via their normal wholesaler that it's now uk licenced - I've checked the vmd list of licenced products which is refreshed daily and there's definitely nothing showing. It sounds as if they've got the process in train anyway - if it's not one on the map can you please let me know who they are and when they get it and I'll add them to it :)

hi - of course will let you know if it pans out as described .. if not will be phoning round to try to get them sorted by end of the month.

update ...glasgow rhdv2 vaccines ... santa am just reporting in that i managed to get my bunnies vaccinated (today) at avalon vets ( showing as in stock on the map), but in case it helps anyone else in glasgow the vet centre at crow road also had stock. My vet's supplier still has nothing in stock.

Back