• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice quick please!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
So, Daisy seems much better :) she ate tons last night, and more while I was in bed. She seems happier. She is supposed to be having a GA bladder flush today. Do I go ahead, or just take her in for fluids again?

Personally I'd still go ahead, as it's better she has a GA while she's bright etc.
But its completely your choice and You know her best.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I don't think this is a question that any of us can answer easily. You and your vets are in the best position to decide this.

Based on what you have said, I think if it were me, I would discuss with my vet going ahead for the reasons given by dp. In the sort of situation that you seem to be experiencing with Daisy, she is OK at times and then she's not and I would want to try to find out the underlying reason. Whilst under GA they can examine her more fully. I've also never had this issue with rabbits, but I assume that if she had the bladder flush, that would mean she would'nt have to go to have her bladder expressed regularly, which must be causing her a degree of stress. Weighed against that though is her age and general health.

Sending her vibes whatever you decide.

I cant add to the advice given by Omi +dp.

I would lean more toward going ahead with the investigations, but the decision has to be yours xx

She's there now, having the full works. My lovely vet Louise is back from London and looking after her today :) She even gave me a hug, bless her. Got to go to work now :(

It is hard when only you and your vet can make the hard decisions. I hope its put you a little more at easy with it being your favorite vet. Loads of calm vibes for you and strengthening vibes for daisy.

Thanks everyone. Even though I'm exhausted, it's good to be at work; we are really busy so it helps to take my mind off poor Daisy :( I have booked the day off tomorrow to look after her, really hope she's ok with the GA.

Thanks everyone. Even though I'm exhausted, it's good to be at work; we are really busy so it helps to take my mind off poor Daisy :( I have booked the day off tomorrow to look after her, really hope she's ok with the GA.

Hopefully you will get some answers as to what has been going on xx

It's always good to be away from the problem even for a short time. Gives a perspective .. I hope you can concentrate :)

Thanks everyone, I'm going to go back to my other thread to do updates, this was just a quickie this morning.

Back