• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone want rid of past rabbit magazines + RWA membership question

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I joined the RWA and got my first magazine and I love it! I've ordered winter 2014 - winter 2015 because it was on sale, I was just wondering if anyone has any rabbit magazines they don't want anymore that I could buy from them? :D Also with the membership, I got the impression there's certain info just for members and things like hopper groups, is there a log in area somewhere that I haven't found yet? How do i find out about local hopper groups?

I've got loads and should really do a clear out! I'll have a sort through this weekend

Ooh great :D If you find any you don't want then please drop me a message :wave: I have/have ordered Winter 2014, spring 2015, summer 2015, autumn 2015, winter 2015 and autumn 2016

Hi. I've been a member since the very start. I signed up at the NEC when the girls were trying to start up the House Rabbit Association. There was a Bird Show and a Rabbit Show on at the time. Crikey, that was years ago. I had a very low membership number, then they went computerised and had to put 11 in front of the members numbers. When it started, there was no glossy magazine, just a set of photocopies, but it has always been a very forward thinking club and has raised public awareness regarding rabbit welfare. It is a fabulous club to belong to.

Bump, still looking for any old magazines. Also I saw in some old threads that Pets at Home were selling bunny mad but i can't find any mention of it on their website and i don't remember seeing it last time i was in store, do they still have it?

Bump, still looking for any old magazines. Also I saw in some old threads that Pets at Home were selling bunny mad but i can't find any mention of it on their website and i don't remember seeing it last time i was in store, do they still have it?

yes pets at home still stock bunnymad magazine and dobbies,

Thanks, I emailed yesterday and unfortunately they've stopped with the hopper groups because social media has taken over and they don't remember there being one in Notts anyway which is a shame

Thanks, I emailed yesterday and unfortunately they've stopped with the hopper groups because social media has taken over and they don't remember there being one in Notts anyway which is a shame
Sooooo, we should start one?

Our Kent Hopper group is a closed group on Facebook and we only allow RWA members. We've put out cards in vets/shops, etc and people email our group email first. That keeps the breeders out.

Are there enough of us in Notts? I was thinking of starting a facebook group but my worry is it'll just end up full of back yard breeders trying to sell rabbits
I think there are loads of people at least in Nottinghamshire on here, and a good few near Nottingham (and I expect some Notts people are closer to Yorkshire stuff!).

Our Kent Hopper group is a closed group on Facebook and we only allow RWA members. We've put out cards in vets/shops, etc and people email our group email first. That keeps the breeders out.
Closed Groups are really useful: if you make the group visible on searches but only approve members etc. then that works. But what about the people who aren't on FB (who're getting more common), that doesn't really work for them. I've found running a dual-system of FB and one-other useful, so doing something on FB and via email maybe? I do really like the control email gives, as Jemima says :)

We could at least gauge interest by suggesting a meetup for Nottm/Notts/nearby (ooh, the Treble-N Hopper Group!) people on here: I'm going to say now that I ain't free to do anything about this until at least 2nd November I reckon so if we're going to organise something I would say do it for after Christmas and if someone else wants to do that then go for it :D

Also, I'm not a RWAF member :shock: ...

I think there are loads of people at least in Nottinghamshire on here, and a good few near Nottingham (and I expect some Notts people are closer to Yorkshire stuff!).

Closed Groups are really useful: if you make the group visible on searches but only approve members etc. then that works. But what about the people who aren't on FB (who're getting more common), that doesn't really work for them. I've found running a dual-system of FB and one-other useful, so doing something on FB and via email maybe? I do really like the control email gives, as Jemima says :)

We could at least gauge interest by suggesting a meetup for Nottm/Notts/nearby (ooh, the Treble-N Hopper Group!) people on here: I'm going to say now that I ain't free to do anything about this until at least 2nd November I reckon so if we're going to organise something I would say do it for after Christmas and if someone else wants to do that then go for it :D

Also, I'm not a RWAF member :shock: ...

I'll start a thread and see if there's much interest :) I'm not hugely bothered about physical meet ups it'd just be nice to get talking to local people :)

Hi. I've been a member since the very start. I signed up at the NEC when the girls were trying to start up the House Rabbit Association. There was a Bird Show and a Rabbit Show on at the time. Crikey, that was years ago. I had a very low membership number, then they went computerised and had to put 11 in front of the members numbers. When it started, there was no glossy magazine, just a set of photocopies, but it has always been a very forward thinking club and has raised public awareness regarding rabbit welfare. It is a fabulous club to belong to.

I remember that time :wave:

When they went over to glossy mags, my bun got his pic on the front :lol:

Back