• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just took a wild bun to vet with myxi

The poor little thing was sat on the grass verge near morris dancing. All its eyes sealed shut with pus, nodules all over it, mouth and nose nearly swelled shut and skin and bones. The rspca was to stretched to pick it up so i called a friend to take me to the nearest vets with it. Its a bloody shame the suffering it was going through. They have done the kind thing and put the little one to sleep. Feel sad but at least i know hes not going to have another night of pain. :cry: Myxi is running wild round here.

Poor little thing :cry: It is such an evil virus. It takes so long for wildies to die naturally as the virus itself doesn't kill them. It's only when they get secondary respiratory infections/and or are too ill to eat that they die. It is so upsetting to see. Well done for taking this little one to the vets.

We have still got quite a large mozzie population too, so the danger is not over yet.

The poor little thing was sat on the grass verge near morris dancing. All its eyes sealed shut with pus, nodules all over it, mouth and nose nearly swelled shut and skin and bones. The rspca was to stretched to pick it up so i called a friend to take me to the nearest vets with it. Its a bloody shame the suffering it was going through. They have done the kind thing and put the little one to sleep. Feel sad but at least i know hes not going to have another night of pain. :cry: Myxi is running wild round here.

So sorry - that's very sad :(

Thank you for taking it to the vet. Many would've left it there.

:) Sweet dreams little wildie . Was s/he easy to pick up? So sad - I too am grateful for your kindness

Reports here too. Was musing with the OH about the dangers of taking a myxi-wildie to the vets then coming home to mine: anyone got any opinions/knowledge/tips on that?

I saw a myxi bun in a roundabout yesterday on my way home from work. :( So sad to see them. I wished I could have taken it to get it pts but a roundabout is hardly the place to stop.

Back