• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had 3 at the vets yesterday, Mr B still there & the chin next week

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I now have 14 or 15 animals. :shock:, that is including 9 fosters, (4 or 5) babies. No rest now with getting extra cages, cleaning and vet visits.

I knew Mr Bennett needed a dental, he was frantically chewing the wardrobes and his new carpet, he gets mucky below and incredibly scruffy, it's weird. Mr B didn't recover as well as he should so had to stay overnight, relieved he can come home today, I was worried suck.

Francesca and Anastasia had their first vacs, Francesca wasn't happy, she nipped me but no blood and kept going for Adam the vets hand and stethoscope. :shock: he had to put her back in the carrier to calm down, Anastasia was much easier. Raichu chinchilla is getting neutered on Tuesday.

Wow - you have your hands full. I am glad Mr B has recovered enough to come home. Francesca sounds a bit of a diva, I hope she has settled down again now. WIll Adam want to see her again I wonder?

I hope all goes well with Raichu - do chinchillas display hormonal behaviour as rabbits do if not neutered?

You are busy :shock: I'm glad Mr B can come home :love: good luck for the neuter next week :thumb:

Poor Mr B, I am glad he recovered overnight and that he can come home today. I hope Adam has recovered from his encounter with Francesca :shock: Poor bloke, he's surrounded by women all day every day and even a female Rabbit gets on his case !! :lol: It's a tricky life when you are a lone Buck !

Hope all is well on the Hamster Maternity Ward. Been trying to source another cage similar to the one I have already donated. But so far no luck. I'll keep looking though.

Sending vibes for Raichu's spay xx

Wow - you have your hands full. I am glad Mr B has recovered enough to come home. Francesca sounds a bit of a diva, I hope she has settled down again now. WIll Adam want to see her again I wonder?

I hope all goes well with Raichu - do chinchillas display hormonal behaviour as rabbits do if not neutered?

I will take a different carrier, one where you can take the top off. It seemed Francesca didn't like being separated from her sister, who was in the carrier on the ground. Francesca is a character.:lol:

I strongly suspect Raichu fell out with his brother as they both reached sexual maturity at 12 months.

You are busy :shock: I'm glad Mr B can come home :love: good luck for the neuter next week :thumb:

Thanks. :D

Crikey :shock: I never realised you had so many, but I suppose I just wasn't thinking properly about all the hammie babies. I'm pleased Mr B is well enought to come home today. Have you had all the possible hammie babies now or could there be more to come? It's a busy life being a fosterer isn't it :lol:

Poor Mr B, I am glad he recovered overnight and that he can come home today. I hope Adam has recovered from his encounter with Francesca :shock: Poor bloke, he's surrounded by women all day every day and even a female Rabbit gets on his case !! :lol: It's a tricky life when you are a lone Buck !

Hope all is well on the Hamster Maternity Ward. Been trying to source another cage similar to the one I have already donated. But so far no luck. I'll keep looking though.

Sending vibes for Raichu's spay xx

Thanks Jane. Your cage has done the rounds and in constant service. I had Willoughby in there, then Wickham lived in it for nearly three months. I returned your cage to Donna and it was quickly out again. Gill dropped it back to me on Tuesday. It's very popular because it's big. :D

Aww Adam is so sweet. :love:

I had Wendy see Mr B and Adam the girls. It took us 45 minutes to get there instead of 15 minutes, terrible traffic and those roadworks. We were 15 minutes late and we are normally early.

Haven't seen the babies since day one, mum rarely comes out and I never disturb them. No news with Karen's foster girl yet. Xxx

Crikey :shock: I never realised you had so many, but I suppose I just wasn't thinking properly about all the hammie babies. I'm pleased Mr B is well enought to come home today. Have you had all the possible hammie babies now or could there be more to come? It's a busy life being a fosterer isn't it :lol:

My girl had a litter, ARC are fairly sure two others are pregnant, but there were 5 females in a cage with one male. :shock:. That could be a potential 25 plus hammie baby explosion.

Donna is telling the RSPCA that they must remove all the hoarders hamsters or ARC will not accept anymore. Last year someone from ARC had to foster 25 of his mice. We don't understand why the RSPCA always allow him to keep some then raid him every six months. I know he has issues but allowing the numbers get out of control is affecting the animals life. Plus the RSPCA are not taking responsibility, they pass the animals on to ARC.

My girl had a litter, ARC are fairly sure two others are pregnant, but there were 5 females in a cage with one male. :shock:. That could be a potential 25 plus hammie baby explosion.

Donna is telling the RSPCA that they must remove all the hoarders hamsters or ARC will not accept anymore. Last year someone from ARC had to foster 25 of his mice. We don't understand why the RSPCA always allow him to keep some then raid him every six months. I know he has issues but allowing the numbers get out of control is affecting the animals life. Plus the RSPCA are not taking responsibility, they pass the animals on to ARC.

The RSPCA's management of the situation seems neither responsible nor sensible. Hopefully they will have a re-think if they know they have nowhere to pass the animals on to in future.

Back