• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a very determined doe!

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
We made quite a bit of hay this year from the back garden, but of course it's not good enough for the rabbits to eat is it :roll: I must admit if I were a rabbit I would prefer the Ings, which is a nice green colour and smells good, to ours, which is not so green and almost odourless. So they eat Ings out of their litter trays and hay basket and we have spread our hay around the shed floor so it's nice on their feet :roll:

Some of the hay inside the shed is a very deep layer inside a carboard box. Tan, over the past few days has cleverly crafted a hole large enough for her to crawl through and has pulled the contents of the box and made a large neat pile of hay in the corner. She's done this three times now as each time I've put it all back :lol: In addition to that she has also pulled mounds of hay out through the cat flap onto the ledge in their first outside run. I decided this morning to get rid of this as it had got damp overnight. So, I've now watched her as she's pulled another load out through the cat-flap :lol:

Wouldn't you just love to know.....why? She's always loved to dig in fresh hay, but this behaviour is completely new :)

We made quite a bit of hay this year from the back garden, but of course it's not good enough for the rabbits to eat is it :roll: I must admit if I were a rabbit I would prefer the Ings, which is a nice green colour and smells good, to ours, which is not so green and almost odourless. So they eat Ings out of their litter trays and hay basket and we have spread our hay around the shed floor so it's nice on their feet :roll:

Some of the hay inside the shed is a very deep layer inside a carboard box. Tan, over the past few days has cleverly crafted a hole large enough for her to crawl through and has pulled the contents of the box and made a large neat pile of hay in the corner. She's done this three times now as each time I've put it all back :lol: In addition to that she has also pulled mounds of hay out through the cat flap onto the ledge in their first outside run. I decided this morning to get rid of this as it had got damp overnight. So, I've now watched her as she's pulled another load out through the cat-flap :lol:

Wouldn't you just love to know.....why? She's always loved to dig in fresh hay, but this behaviour is completely new :)

It's weird as a certain cut of hay makes my Rabbits burrow/dig in it when normally they would not do so. I always know when the enclosures are going to end up looking like a bomb site, the type of hay being the clue !

I once made some hay from the lush grass in my back garden. My Rabbits looked at it in total disgust :roll: :lol:

She sounds like a girl on a mission. Maybe she's got a secret lover and she's getting it all nice for his visits?

What is it about the hay we make that just isn't good enough? :?

Is she plotting a 'great escape' in the corner and is wanting to disguise it from you :lol:

The mysteries of the Bunnikins :D

Jack's-Jane;6841510 I once made some hay from the lush grass in my back garden. My Rabbits looked at it in total disgust :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE said:
Yes, that's what's happened here. They love the grass, probably more than anything else in their diet, but stick their noses in the hay and very quickly back out again. I can only think that green hays like Ings are cut at a much earlier stage than we have done. Ours looks almost gold colour :( And we have so much of it :lol:

She sounds like a girl on a mission. Maybe she's got a secret lover and she's getting it all nice for his visits?

I don't know where she's found him then :lol: Can't imagine the other two boys would be very happy. She's not even choosing to sit on her mounds of hay :?

What is it about the hay we make that just isn't good enough? :?

Is she plotting a 'great escape' in the corner and is wanting to disguise it from you :lol:

The mysteries of the Bunnikins :D

I think the hay that we make is cut at a later stage than the greener hays like Ings. We have a hayfield opposite and usually time our cutting according to when they cut theirs. Ours is not up to standard though clearly.

I can't imagine she would want to escape. All three of them actually have never attempted to exit any part of the accommodation, even when the shed door is wide open :shock:

Luna does this. I never even considered the type of hay! I may need to experiment... at the moment hay in the litter tray seems to be highly offensive. Though maybe she's just bored and lonely. Waiting to hear about a husbun x

Mine do this at the moment with a blanket, pulling it out of the box. Of course with the blanket it's easier to just pick it up and pop it back in so they can have a never ending game! :)

Aboleth sometimes does this in the litter tray: all the contents go from one side to the other (or out is she's feeling particlarly boisterous). But most of the time she just leaves it where it is! Weirdos.

Back