• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Casper

Dear Vera, thank you so much for sharing your deeply touching story of Casper. His life was certainly not in vein, bless him.
You present some very useful and astute points about checking things carefully BEFORE you buy or take on a Rescue Bunny.
I think in the current climate of so many bunnies in Rescue centres that it is prudent to seek a bunny from there as a first point of call, and Rescues are usually well geared up to give out lots of useful information, and I think importantly, offer continued support and advice for rehomed bunnies.
Something that petshops are not equiped to do, so this is another consideration.

Hi LurcherGirl!!

Oh what a lovely story and such a great idea to do the write up to help other potential bunny buyers.
I think Adele is so right (don't tell her though!!) as I know when I first bought Buffy from the Petstore I wouldn't have known what to look for as to her general health and the Rescue Centres do such a great job now of making you aware of any health or personality traits which you need to know.

Sooo nice to hear about Benji and buddy who sound lovely -

What a sad story. So many of us have started out buying our rabbits from pet stores and it has led on to us learning so much and going on to educate people about the welfare problem and the many bunnies waiting for homes in rescue. We owe a lot to our first bunnies.
Isn't it lovely how we start out with one and end up with a housefull :wink: .

Vera - That was a very sad story :cry: that untimately had a happy ending for all the other animals that have been lucky enough to be adopted by you. :D

Back