• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well hello there :)

sarahls7

New Kit
Hello! My name is Sarah and I am mum to Jack and my hamster magic. I have posted before and didn't think that anyone would post anything back. I was amazed when people did. You see Jack is a one eyed rabbit with a head tilt. I am greatful for the support that I recieved and I just wanted to thank you very much. As I have never really come in contact with this sort of problem it has been a bit stressful however Jack has a wonderful love of life and insists that he is all rabbit. Sometimes I wonder if these things affect him as much as they affect me. What i mean is the running off to the vets hoping that things aren't as serious as my wondering mind is telling me. Actually I don't think he even cares.

Right now Jack is outside running around as fast as he can, chewing what is left of the grass and tilting his head lol. For a while I kept him inside but at 4am one morning I awoke to the loudest bang ever to discover that he had escaped and was running around the room. I figured that it was his way of telling me he was healthy enough to go back outdoors. I really admire him for the strength he has.

Better get going this has gone on long enough. Thanks again for the support and I will be back soon.
Sarah

Hi Sarah, of course we'll post back to anything you say. People may not always be able to help you but we will do our best to find something such as a website or some info for you. We all care about bunnies and want to help them and each other. Any other questions alway feel free to ask someone will help in one way or another.
Glad to know the forum has been of help to you.

Angela

Jack

Jack had to be put down today. He was constantly sick with this or that. I felt that even though his life was short it wasn't fair. I feel guilty even though he kept get ill. Every time I turned around i had to go to the vet. Everything happens for a reason.

Oh Sarah, I'm soooo sorry to hear this. You can at least take comfort from the fact that he had heaps of love and attention from you, much more than some rabbits get. I too believe everything happens for a reason, and the reason you had Jack for his short time will come clear to you in time. Don't ever feel guilty, you did all you could for him, you loved him and you cared for him, and you gave him a chance. Bless you Sarah, you did what you felt was right.

:cry: sad sad news.

You have done everything possible to give him a great life, even thou it was short.

Maybe plant a shrub or tree above him. Then you have a remembrance place to honor him. If you don`t have anywhere, maybe a local park will let you plant one.

bronie

Big cyberhug for you Sarah. You loved Jack and did the very best for him, that's all you can do. It doesn't seem fair, and it's probably not, but it's not your fault! You have a lot of love to give, so I hope you can help another animal soon by offering a home and lots of love.

Am starting to think i should be helping rabbits in need. Maybe its to soon. Then again it can never be soon enough. I need to do something that doesn't involve housing a rabbit as that isn't an option right now. Any ideas?

Hi Sarah,

So very sorry to hear about your loss :(

You gave Jack all your love and did the best you could for him. :bunny:

By the way I live in Hitchin.

Maybe when you feel up to it, you could have a look around and see if there's a rescue centre where you can volunteer your services. Nothing like hugging a bunny, it helps you feel better.

Back