• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has anyone else got the Omron NE-c28P nebulizer?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
It looks fairly straightforward, however I am useless at working out instructions from the leaflet and not entirely sure what I should be doing :oops:I took it in to my vet today and she wasn't sure how the actual medication tank etc worked as they have a different one, and I didn't take the leaflet with me either :( I also have some F10 which she said to mix with some distilled water.

If anyone has this nebulizer and can help me out with some very very very simple instructions I should be very very grateful!

I'm at work at the moment but I think this is the one I've got so I can check when I get home :)

I don't have one but I'm having a look at the design online.

From what I can see,the little plastic cup that is separate from the main white unit is where you place your saline/medicine solution.
(The plastic cup has a blue bit inside and measurements on the outside).

Tube from white unit to plastic cup and tube from plastic cup to breathing mask.

Does this make sense?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Brilliant thanks Santa! Vet also said I needed to do something with it so that there was a tube going into the box as opposed to the mouthpiece.

Thanks daphnephoebe that's very kind of you. Yes that bit is definitely the medication tank, can I mix the F10 and distilled water in some kind of plastic bottle to use as I will probably make up far more than I am going to need.

I don't want to use the breathing mask as I am using a chamber, I thought I could insert the mouthpiece into the box but the vet (who is brilliant by the way :)) has suggested I use another tube, but I can't see how I can connect another tube to it.

I would have thought you can mix into a separate bottle, you might just need to replace/change it every 28 days or so?

Maybe you can buy separate tubes so you remove the mask & use a tube from there? I'm not making much sense, sorry.

I have just seen one of Santa's old posts and she has the mouthpiece inserted straight into the box so I can't see a problem here.

Super dumb question but what exactly is distilled water? Is it just boiled water cooled down!?

Distilled water is basically water with no "impurities". Boiled water will still has some impurities, but if you boil it and collect the steam, that would be distilled.

Aaah glad you found a photo, was it one of my fairly recent ones? Hope it helped to make sense of how it all fits together?

Distilled water: (this is a throwback to school chemistry so my memory is hazy) I think distilled water is when you catch the condensation from boiling water - only the pure water evaporates which is then caught back in a container. I think you can buy distilled water online. Personally I use saline solution, if you go on somewhere like amazon or a medical supplies website you can buy individual pods of saline (I think it's the 0.9% solution) which are sold as for eye and wound wash. The saline also helps to draw the gloop.

These days I use a pet carrier as the 'chamber' with the vents mostly taped over so that it forms a cloudy atmosphere in it. Whereas a human breathing from the mouthpiece would be directly and actively inhaling it, with the rabbits you're relying on passive inhalation so the chamber needs to get quite steamy. Or you can just sit bun on your lap and hold the little pot to their face. Some tolerate one way better than another. I'd start slowly with nebulising, and don't be alarmed if they seem to get worse initially - it does start to shift the gloop so they can get a bit irritated and sneezy afterwards as it starts to clear it out, so it's best to start gentle so as not to disrupt too much too quickly.

Thanks both :) apparently we have a large quantity of distilled water in the garage, as my partner uses it for disections!

I'm not sure how old your post was Santa, but it showed the mouthpiece going through the box so that's reassuring that I don't need to do anything different!

I am hoping to put him in it tonight just using the distilled water first. Hopefully won't take me too long to set up.

Will try the F10 at the weekend I think once I have got a box sorted.

Thanks again :)

Thanks both :) apparently we have a large quantity of distilled water in the garage, as my partner uses it for disections!

I'm not sure how old your post was Santa, but it showed the mouthpiece going through the box so that's reassuring that I don't need to do anything different!

I am hoping to put him in it tonight just using the distilled water first. Hopefully won't take me too long to set up.

Will try the F10 at the weekend I think once I have got a box sorted.

Thanks again :)

Hi, yes found a couple but will take another look. We are now nebulising in the garage! Have taped up air vents on carrier and draped a blanket on outside of carrier. Can see the mist going in and have just used my contact lens saline as I can't find the distilled water.

The cup you put the saline in is so small! I have just turned it off to check still got saline in and it's very white and frothy which from what I have read is normal?

Yes as long as the mist is coming out nicely, that's fine. You have to be careful with F10 because if you over fill the chamber or get the concentration wrong, it froths up like washing up liquid in a washing machine (I would imagine) and doesn't mist properly. So just keep an eye to ensure that you're getting that nice fine mist come out of the mouthpiece and it should be fine :)

Yes as long as the mist is coming out nicely, that's fine. You have to be careful with F10 because if you over fill the chamber or get the concentration wrong, it froths up like washing up liquid in a washing machine (I would imagine) and doesn't mist properly. So just keep an eye to ensure that you're getting that nice fine mist come out of the mouthpiece and it should be fine :)

Yes the mist was coming out great, although I expected the carrier to be quite warm but it wasn't. I was doing this in our garage though and it wasn't a box so perhaps that's why.

It won't be warm, it just turns the cold substance into a mist, it doesn't heat it up. I think it's because we associate mist with steam which is warm, but it's not heated up it's just turned into a very fine spray :)

It won't be warm, it just turns the cold substance into a mist, it doesn't heat it up. I think it's because we associate mist with steam which is warm, but it's not heated up it's just turned into a very fine spray :)

Ah ok thanks. Bracken was put in a plastic box at the vets to be nebulised and the box got quite warm. Different nebuliser though.

Back