• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone know when combi vaccine will be available?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
For the last few weeks my vets have said there's been a problem getting the combi vaccine from their supplier (I imagine it's the equivalent of MCS for human medicines), I don't suppose anyone knows a date when it's expected to come back in? I don't think the staff know they just keep saying try again in a few weeks. Just a bit worried as I know sometimes human meds can go out of stock for months at a time

Do you mean the combi as in RHD1+myxi? There's not a problem with supply with that as far as I know.

I had heard that there have been nobivac supply problems again too :( I had heard 'end of October' which is only a few weeks, so hopefully that's all it is...

The staff at your vets can call their supplier and ask when they expect it back in stock - even an estimated date would be helpful.

It's probably an issue with the producer and not much the suppliers or vets can do, but when I worked in vets we always used to call the supplier to find out a date to expect it back in, even though nurses weren't meant to.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There was mention at Castle Vets that it was on-and-off stock but stock was fine there back in early July. You could ring around other vets in the area and see what they've got, especially if it's getting tight for their renewal? Give me a shout if you need numbers, I should have them somewhere.

Thanks guys, they can't have it just yet as they're getting neutered tomorrow but I want it doing as soon as it's safe. I'll ask the vets to ring up the supplier! I also saw that some online veterinary pharmacies have it in stock so maybe if they give me a prescription I could get it myself and have them administer it? Failing that I'll just have to find a different vet that have it in stock

Strange - Noah had his nobivac last week and vet didn't mention any issues :?

I guess if it's a relatively short-term shortage, if a vet hasn't tried to place another order in the past few weeks, they wouldn't necessarily know. Last time people only discovered there was a shortage when they ran low on stock and couldn't get more. I remember last time there was a shortage, my own vets didn't have a clue because there was clearly some group arrangement that meant they weathered the shortage without individual practices even knowing that anything was up!

it came back in yesterday so they've put some aside for me :D Like Santa said, unless your vet ran out and tried to order some more in the past few weeks they probably wouldn't know about it. I know in the Pharmacy we don't usually realise something is having a manufacturing problem until we completely run out and no replacements show up (and the suppliers sometimes have no idea when it'll be back, in some cases it can take months for a medicine to come back in stock hence why i was a bit worried about the vaccine!)

Back