• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sylar not eating again :(

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
So we've just got home from picking up Bill and Bianca from the rescue and I went upstairs to check on Hiro and Sylar and Sylar just isn't right :(
He won't take any food and he seems uncomfortable. I'm wondering now if his teeth were ever causing the problem or if it was something else?
My O/H has rushed him to the emergency vets whilst I'm wwatching over Bill and Bianca. Nightmare :(

I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Sylar and poor you. Sending loads of vibes for him. I hope the vets can establish what the problem is.

He was fine before we left about 3 hours ago. I'm devastated that i've had to stay at home but I don't drive and someone needs to watch Bill and Bianca :(

So we've just got home from picking up Bill and Bianca from the rescue and I went upstairs to check on Hiro and Sylar and Sylar just isn't right :(
He won't take any food and he seems uncomfortable. I'm wondering now if his teeth were ever causing the problem or if it was something else?
My O/H has rushed him to the emergency vets whilst I'm wwatching over Bill and Bianca. Nightmare :(

How long is it since his last dental?

Sending huge hugs. I can't believe this is happening to you again :(

It was only 13 days ago.
There is a queue at the emergency vets so they've put him in the back where it's a bit quieter. Apparently it's going to be around half an hour before they can see him.

Let us know what the vet says. I hope at least that Bianca and Bill are behaving for you.

They are doing brilliantly actually. At least I've got them here to keep me occupied. They are cuddling top and tail and they look like yin and yang! She's a very friendly girl and hopefully just what Bill needs.

I'm pleased that he's been treated and can come home. I hope you all have a peaceful night.

They have given him a good check over and they have treated him for stasis and he's been sent home with some CC. X

Good, you were very wise to get him to the vet so swiftly.

I doubt it is his teeth, and as you say, perhaps something else. But what? If it happens again in a short space of time, I would certainly begin to wonder why.

Good news about Bill and Bianca :love:

We've been charged £18.56 for a 36g of Oxbow Critical Care :shock:
Does that seem right to you?! I've never checked the price of it from a vets before!

Does that seem right to you?! I've never checked the price of it from a vets before!

Yup, we got charged that on top of the usual consultation fee/painkillers/fluids and the bloody rabbit fought so hard that it was impossible to get it in him! My sister made a mix of pellets, water and apple juice, microwaved and mushed together which he would willingly eat (and save us £18!).

I'e never bought it from a vet. I must say, I usually mix up pellets and baby food and feed that ...

How is he doing?

We give him the critical care and some water when he came home and we've just left him alone for a bit. Just been up to check on him and he's a bit stroppy but he had a little drink out of his water bowl :)

We give him the critical care and some water when he came home and we've just left him alone for a bit. Just been up to check on him and he's a bit stroppy but he had a little drink out of his water bowl :)

Hope he gets better as the night goes on. Are you going to have to do a night shift with the feeding?

I think we will do one before we go to bed. We work evenings and we go to bed late anyway so its not too bad! And we are taking shifts sleeping with Bill and Bianca too so a disturbed sleep was expected tonight anyway! Just feel very sad for Sy :(

Yup, we got charged that on top of the usual consultation fee/painkillers/fluids and the bloody rabbit fought so hard that it was impossible to get it in him! My sister made a mix of pellets, water and apple juice, microwaved and mushed together which he would willingly eat (and save us £18!).

Extortionate! Pellets and water for me too next time I think!

I thought I was being robbed recently when I was charged £5.42 for Supreme Science recovery, maybe not then :shock:

I hope Sylar makes a good recovery through the night.

Back