• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal.....

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
....for a bunny to eat lying down? I've noticed Evo do it with his hay for a while, but today he started eating his greens lying down too.

Have I just got a chilled out and/or lazy bun, or should I be worried?

Thanks,
Laura

Hi Laura

As you well know I am no expert at this but my friend in Bournemouth has this beautiful white alsatian called Bonney and she lies down and very delicately and unhurriedly eats her food - just like a lady!! Maybe Evo appreciates and knows he is well fed and just is very laid back. Hope you get other replies to re-assure you!

Hi Laura....I am sure Evo is fine...just as long as he is getting up at some point and hopping around?
Lots of the Sanctuary bunnies tend to eat in the "Roman Fashion", and he is no doubt a truly chilled and happy bunny, nothing to worry about I am sure :D
I know any change in a rabbit can herald a possible problem, but if Evo IS eating the normal amount of food, toileting fine and lively in between his restful parts of the day then relax...as he is!! :D

He is absolutely gorgeous by the way :wink:

Thanks Adele, he is totally fine otherwise. He probably does it all the time when I'm not watching, this just being the first time I've noticed. :lol:

My bun Neville (who incidentally looks like Evo's twin) will lay down on the floor or across whatever rabbit is in front of the food and have a very leisurely afternoon snack. Such a lazy happy bun :lol:

*ahem* you have to ask if that Evo bunny is chilled out? Can a bunny get anymore chilled out than Evo? :lol:
Sophie does this as well, she starts off in the normal bunny eating position then has a lie down in between snacks but sometimes doesn't bother to get up again and just picks a pellet at a time to eat.

Angela

Back