• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Say hello to Benji!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
So, if you saw this thread (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?459701-Benjamin-A-very-lucky-bunny) you'll recognise this guy! As some of you know, I lost my beautiful Domino of 9.5 years in July, and then I adopted Bertie a little nethie cross to be Pebble's new companion. Bertie sadly died when he was put under for his neuter, and to say I'm heartbroken is an understatement. Afterwards, I had a lot of trouble looking at other rabbits, every single one I had looked at "pre Bertie" made me feel guilty, (as I only had him three weeks, most of the others were still available) and I kept feeling like any rabbit I had looked at before him, would be erasing him.

Then, Louise shared some photos of Benjamin. I'd wanted another little bun,but when I saw his squishy big face I fell for him completely, and she brought him over to meet me last weekend. This rabbit, who had just travelled in the car to an unknown place,with an unknown bunny in the same room was SO happy within minutes. He binkied, he happy flopped, and he loved me giving him noserubs, and he was perfect for me. Bigger than even Domino, he's not what I had in mind at all, but he has the soppiness of Domino, and the excitement and energy of Bertie, it just felt right.

So, he needs to be bonded with Pebbles and for that reason I'm still cautious, but it all seems positive at the moment. They eat at the same time, he binkies infront of her, and whenever he's nearby she grooms her teddy. She's a lot perkier and happier with him here, so here's hoping it all works out. They can't be bonded just yet because of her recovering from surgery but it's looking very good already, her face is already getting it's fur back.

So, here's Benji! I kept his name as it suited him, and I had a foster bunny called Benji and I ADORED him, so it's nice to have the same name. I mostly call hm Benji rather than Benjamin because my brother is called Ben, so it feels a bit funny :lol: but he's called both by me so far!

The photo louise put up that made me fall for him! it wasnt even his colouring, it was that face!

Soppy!

It's still really hard to accept Bertie is gone, but Benji is so loving towards people he's really helping mend that heartache, this morning I said good morning to him for the first morning and he binkied over towards me. :love:

He's got a big, beautiful squashy face. He's the colour of barley sugar or the brittle toffee they use for toffee apples. He looks very 'Mr Personality'. Good luck with the bonding xxxx

Oh I saw him on the rabbits in need thread. How lovely that he is now an RU rabbit. Look forward to hearing more about him.

How very sweet that Pebbles grooms her teddy whenever Benjie is near her! Glad that she is on the mend after her op. Really hope that the bonding goes well when the time comes.

Really pleased for you, and for Benji and for Louise as it is such a good feeling knowing you have found the perfect home for a bun.

So pleased to see him with you and he's bringing you such happiness.

So, if you saw this thread (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?459701-Benjamin-A-very-lucky-bunny) you'll recognise this guy! As some of you know, I lost my beautiful Domino of 9.5 years in July, and then I adopted Bertie a little nethie cross to be Pebble's new companion. Bertie sadly died when he was put under for his neuter, and to say I'm heartbroken is an understatement. Afterwards, I had a lot of trouble looking at other rabbits, every single one I had looked at "pre Bertie" made me feel guilty, (as I only had him three weeks, most of the others were still available) and I kept feeling like any rabbit I had looked at before him, would be erasing him.

Then, Louise shared some photos of Benjamin. I'd wanted another little bun,but when I saw his squishy big face I fell for him completely, and she brought him over to meet me last weekend. This rabbit, who had just travelled in the car to an unknown place,with an unknown bunny in the same room was SO happy within minutes. He binkied, he happy flopped, and he loved me giving him noserubs, and he was perfect for me. Bigger than even Domino, he's not what I had in mind at all, but he has the soppiness of Domino, and the excitement and energy of Bertie, it just felt right.

So, he needs to be bonded with Pebbles and for that reason I'm still cautious, but it all seems positive at the moment. They eat at the same time, he binkies infront of her, and whenever he's nearby she grooms her teddy. She's a lot perkier and happier with him here, so here's hoping it all works out. They can't be bonded just yet because of her recovering from surgery but it's looking very good already, her face is already getting it's fur back.

So, here's Benji! I kept his name as it suited him, and I had a foster bunny called Benji and I ADORED him, so it's nice to have the same name. I mostly call hm Benji rather than Benjamin because my brother is called Ben, so it feels a bit funny :lol: but he's called both by me so far!

The photo louise put up that made me fall for him! it wasnt even his colouring, it was that face!

Soppy!

It's still really hard to accept Bertie is gone, but Benji is so loving towards people he's really helping mend that heartache, this morning I said good morning to him for the first morning and he binkied over towards me. :love:

Benji, welcome :wave:

You are truly gorgeous :love:

So glad you have Benji, it's great for all of you :love: fingers crossed for a stress free bonding :thumb:

He's settled in really well, him and Pebbles have no issue being side by side with each other which is really good. Hoping to bond them next weekend.

Back