• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Basil and Blue - U/Date 25.10.16

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Basil has just lost his wifebun Saffron and Blue lost her friend Nibbles quite a while ago and I have been wondering what to do for her. So they've been together for nearly 2 hours anfd all is going well. They are both 5 yrs old and Basil has never been on his own except for a few weeks between splitting the litter up and bonding him with Saffron post neuters. I took the whole litter from some folk who couldn't rehome them and were frightened the children would open the hutch door as the garden was not safe. Basil lives in a playhouse with enclosure and Blue has a fairly big hutch. I am hoping they will go to live in Basil's place. Blue has been in to inspect it. Bonding vibes would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
So, Blue and Basil are getting on really well, no problems except for one! Blue does not seem to like living in Basil's playhouse/run, she started jumping out so Gary the gardener attached more wire taking the height up to around 4.5 ft. He also had to put a door in so I could get in/out. Then she started digging out, it is mostly slabbed but there is a little bit which isn't, and I noticed she went into her old hutch very happily followed by Basil. So, for now, they are living in her old hutch but it really does seem a shame. I've springcleaned the playhouse and put down some new lino so am now just waiting to try them again. Obviously I want them both to be happy, I know Basil has always loved his house so it doesn't look right him in a hutch!

Awh bless. At least she's happy to let him in her special place.

I'm sure you've already thought of it but are you able to connect the two so they can have the best of both worlds?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That's a brilliant idea - I would have to move the hutch which is alredy in the enclosure and then put Blue's hutch there instead. I am going to ponder this - I am not quite sure what it is that she doesn't like. Does it smell of Saffron who lived there for 4.5 years? I c an't do any hutch moves until the gardener comes again.

Back