• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny

Bulibby

New Kit
I've been looking for a rabbit for a while and went shopping yesterday and came back with a lovely girl from pets at home adoption. She's 2 years old and the most confident rabbit I've seen. I put her in the cage as soon as I got home and she was already coming up to the bars to me and a couple of hours later I opened it and she hopped right out and came up to me not scared at all. This morning, not even 24 hours after we got her, she was rattling the bars to get out. I let her out and she was binkying all over the place and coming up to me and hopped on to my bed. She still doesn't like being touched but it seems she constantly want attention.

Awh, that sounds lovely :)

She may be rattling the bars because she's confined to a too small a space. I'd recommended looking at the space she has available & not shutting her in the cage at night (this is when they're most active). RWAF recommend a space of at least 60sqft at all times for a bunny.

My buns are the exact same in the sense of being touched... They'll hop over all happy and want attention, but as soon as you touch them they disappear as you might mess up their fur.

Back