• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit of market research if you don't mind

catherine09

Mama Doe
What hutch size is the preferred option?

9ft by 2ft (18 sq ft)

6ft by 3ft (18 sq ft)...maybe could go to 3.5ft making 21 sq ft

Opinions please :wave:

Recommend hutch size is 6ft x 2ft

I'd probably go for a 9ft x 2ft out of those choices , obviously with access to a secure run at all times.

Mainly the 2ft choice because reaching the back of a 3ft would be difficult with my health problems.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

For boarding I'd probably prefer 9*2 over 6*3 as it would give more opportunity for the bunnies to move around and stretch their legs - you could at least do a decent series of hops along a 9ft pen which you couldn't do in a 6ft length.

For boarding i would prefer the 9foot as there'd be more space to run end to end

Definitely the 9ft by 2ft option as it can be awkward to reach to the back of a 3ft deep hutch to clean it properly.

That's what I thought you were going to say :lol:

My outdoor boarding spaces are 9x3, so I'm not concerned about the cleaning aspect of things.

The heated shed is a strange shape and it would be much easier to fit a 6x3 but I will have to have a re think :thumb:

It depends if they'd have access outside of the hutch. If it was only 6x3ft with no run or pen to access, I'd not be happy...however, I have a trio and if I had a pair, they'd probably be ok but I wouldn't like them to be in there for more than a few days.
My outdoor hutch is 6x3 and it's really roomy but Fiver STILL bar bites constantly even though they have access to a 6x6ft run at all times. Some buns are never happy! They don't live in that outdoor setup..it's for summer use during the day only.

I had to cancel going away this year because all the boarders near me only have 6x2 hutches or smaller with no access to a run or pen for boarding buns. :(

Nope, no outside access. It would defeat the point as it's heated to 18degrees for indoor bunnies so I doubt either the owners or the buns would be happy if I put them outside in a run in the cold!

I'm going to put the 9x2 in, less room for me but I think it has to be done.

Yep i extend my outdoor boarding to trios as that is 9x3 but there would be no room for trios inside a 6by 3 at all!

I once had someone argue with me as I wouldnt board her quad!

Omg. As if they thought a 6x3 was fine for 4 rabbits! Poor guys. Glad you said no!
I had one boarder telling me a 6x2 would be fine for my three. I felt like slapping her! Another was very good and said she wouldn't feel comfortable housing 3 in her hutches and even offered to make a special pen up for them...Unfortunately it turned out that she was so busy that week she'd have no room to make a pen up for them. Seriously considering her in the future, though.
We need more indoor boarders!!

It was a 9x3 for the quad not a 6, but not really big enough still

The reason I am doing this is because I have had so many people ask me for indoor boarding!

Back