• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What the bun is going on!?

loobers25

Warren Veteran
So Charlie has decided he no longer wishes to live in his room. He won't eat anything in there or drink. He runs out to Tobys room every opportunity and makes loud buzzing sounds and then eats everything in sight including Tobys pah change over food. He's obsessed with all the food in this room. I thought it might be a dominance thing but they completely ignore each other? Toby is in his cage when I'm out as unfortunately he still hasn't grown enough to be stopped by the stair gate. What do you guys think? Should I move Toby into Charlie's room?

Eating Tobys hay
0d5459a0d86236c52a00040204be3ba9.jpg

Chilling with tobys stuff
1317db9d48fd9e9248f0c78d6aeef94b.jpg

Toby feeling robbed
af37e5bd94145456c31e85ed43873bbd.jpg

Room to rent, Charlie won't live in here anymore lol
007d4411073d2d3750e9dc8da091361d.jpg

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

You could swap them round and put mesh over the stair gate. Charlie does look rather contented there. Are they going to be bonded eventually?

I would like to bond them or get them girl friends it's just Tobys abit teenagey at the moment and always starts the aggression. However Charlie is very chilled with Toby and is ready to be bonded

I would like to bond them or get them girl friends it's just Tobys abit teenagey at the moment and always starts the aggression. However Charlie is very chilled with Toby and is ready to be bonded

He sounds like he's lonely and wants a chum :D

Bit bizarre though!

Rabbits always want somebun else's hay or food, get into their litter tray etc. I think it's a dominance thing as well. My Roger is terrible for this sort of thing. If the bonding doesn't work, it should be fairly easy finding them both a girlfriend. Won't he eat his own food in his room?

Nope won't touch anything In his room anymore had to move his own food into Tobys room for him to eat it. They don't bother each other and sleep peacefully. However when Charlie is playing about the room Tobys tail goes up and bites the cage bars and sometimes nips Charlie on the nose? But Charlie doesn't do anything back?

Nope won't touch anything In his room anymore had to move his own food into Tobys room for him to eat it. They don't bother each other and sleep peacefully. However when Charlie is playing about the room Tobys tail goes up and bites the cage bars and sometimes nips Charlie on the nose? But Charlie doesn't do anything back?

Charlie sound needy, bless him :love:

My mum is going on holiday and her buns are coming to stay so would be nice for Charlie to play with more socialable buns

Hmm bonding update. Charlie is being very aggressive towards Toby and Barry the other buns. They submit straight away yet he has pulled clumps out of them both. He is a naughty little git. Barry and Toby are getting on playing fine however Barry is my mum's bun who I am bunny sitting for a week. So Tony could be bonded easy I feel however what am I supposed to do with this grumpy Charlie of mine?

Toby not Tony lol 😁

Gracious I thought there was a fourth bun there for a moment :lol:

Well I think Charlie needs a bit of time, because Toby's come on the scene and isn't neutered. And now Barry ... It's all a bit iffy as far as Charlie is concerned, and he needs to assert himself as top bun in the household.

Barry isn't staying he's only here for a week as I am looking after him for my mum as she on holiday.

Toby was neutered a while ago I will show you guys Barry in a second. He looks like a bigger Charlie lol

So this is Barry my mum's rabbit who is nine
cd5fc697bece1adf7c8fe2b95b0429c2.jpg

cef587620968e3c94dd900b10f0c78de.jpg

This is my Charlie now
0331437e65b3c9b1f3ddfa0bb76a5631.jpg

Charlie trying to see Barry
3e89a526bcc2646eee7de90c65efbffa.jpg

Barry and Toby get on
Charlie doesn't get on with any one
I really thought Charlie wanted company as he moved into Tobys room
Charlie will be staying in Tobys room as Toby sleeps in cage still as can slip through stair gate
Barry is staying in Charlie's old room for the week

I contacted some rescues to help me and I even bought some books however I am struggling to know what is best for Toby and Charlie because there behaviour towards each other is changing all the time

And Barry is an extremely placid bun and Toby took really well to him. However Charlie was mean to Barry even though he submitted the whole time to Charlie. I. Thought Barry would give me a good indication of how the buns would feel about having a friend

Ahh, I see thank you. I really hope not to cause offence by this advice but I'd be wary of letting Barry bond with anybun if he will go back to a solitary life when you're mum has him back in a couple of weeks. It would be sad for him to bond & then have that bond split :(

I know what you mean. I've only let them play together for twenty minutes when he first arrived to see how Toby would react. I don't plan on letting them meet again. So from that meeting I could conclude Toby would be easier to find some one for. Barry is staying with us as my mum trusts me to look after him as he is prone to gas. So she won't have to worry and enjoy her holiday. He is a real sweet natured bun.

Last edited:
I contacted some rescues to help me and I even bought some books however I am struggling to know what is best for Toby and Charlie because there behaviour towards each other is changing all the time

Would Charlie be better off bonding with a female? Apologies if you've tried that .. I'm clearly struggling to keep up :lol: xx

Back