• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump on nose and hair loss

Sharpie

Warren Scout
Hey all.
This morning I noticed Lady Blue has a small pea sized lump it's on the side of the bridge of her nose, it sits on the right side it's dead in the centre of her eyes and her nostrils.
Also when I have been cleaning her eyes her hair around her eyes have been falling out in clumps.. She is actually bald around the Base of one eye...
What the hell is happening now?!

Last edited:

You can see the lump on the other side of her nose in this one..

Not sure if you can see it, it's on the left for us but on her right side :(

Oh, poor Lady Blue, bless her. I think it calls for a vet visit. She looks like she's got a bit of a runny nose and watery eye. When the fur gets wet it does tend to fall out, especially around the eyes..

Poor girl :cry: It is probably all related to her recent respiratory tract infection. She has lost lots of weight too hasn't she. I think she needs to be examined by the Vet again, today if possible. Good luck x

Hey all.
This morning I noticed Lady Blue has a small pea sized lump it's on the side of the bridge of her nose, it sits on the right side it's dead in the centre of her eyes and her nostrils.
Also when I have been cleaning her eyes her hair around her eyes have been falling out in clumps.. She is actually bald around the Base of one eye...
What the hell is happening now?!

Oh Sharpie I'm so sorry to hear this! It's one thing after another ...

The fur loss around the eye could be due to watering of the eye, perhaps connected with her upper respiratory infection. Are you going to be able to see the vet about it?

Hey all, managed to get into the vets at 12, luckily my nan could take me as my dad has gone away!
He said the hair loss is because her skin is irritated due to her weepy eyes.
The lump he said is a mixture of the infection inside and the irritated skin on the outside, he said I need to really soak her eyes and try to get the crusty fur away (I clean her eyes everyday but just wipe away with warm water and cotton balls) at that should stop the lump, he said it's definitely soft tissue.

Lady Blue is obviously feeling better as she actually hopped along the examination table and erm... Had a taste of the vet haha xD

Last edited:
Poor girl :cry: It is probably all related to her recent respiratory tract infection. She has lost lots of weight too hasn't she. I think she needs to be examined by the Vet again, today if possible. Good luck x

The vet said she's lost a total of 10 pounds but not to worry, she is constantly eating though so I think it's from her feeling better and exploring again

Oh, poor Lady Blue, bless her. I think it calls for a vet visit. She looks like she's got a bit of a runny nose and watery eye. When the fur gets wet it does tend to fall out, especially around the eyes..

Yeh she's currently being treated for a respiratory infection which is why she has a runny nose and weepy eyes :)
Just freaked when clumps of hair was coming away when I cleaned her eyes

Aww poor thing, I thought her face looked wet in the photos. Glad you managed to get her to the vet and she's feeling a bit better.

I have to ask though, if she's lost 10lbs, how heavy was she at the start?!

I am glad Lady Blue is feeling better and is eating well again. Sending vibes she will be back to being herself soon.

Yeh im sure that's what he said! I think he may have got it wrong though as she's 9.2 (I think) and when I first took her she was 9.7 whatevers, don't know what he weighs her in

Last edited:
Unless she's a massive massive bunny, 10 pounds is a lot to lose :shock:

She's only Diddy, that's why I think he's got it wrong, as every time he weighs her he says 9 something, I don't know what he weighs her in as he never says, but shes always been 9. Something, I'm sure he said she was 9.7 when I first took her and she's now 9.2-3 If I remember.

She's a Rex, but small, she's smaller then a foot long when sitting, when laying she's around a foot and a bit. Shes probably around a chihuahuas size, maybe a tad chubbier

She's only Diddy, that's why I think he's got it wrong, as every time he weighs her he says 9 something, I don't know what he weighs her in as he never says, but shes always been 9. Something, I'm sure he said she was 9.7 when I first took her and she's now 9.2-3 If I remember.

She's a Rex, but small, she's smaller then a foot long when sitting, when laying she's around a foot and a bit. Shes probably around a chihuahuas size, maybe a tad chubbier

she's pretty exquisite isn't she? :love:

How are you doing with the eye Sharpie? Lady Blue hasn't been nibbling any more vets, has she? :lol:

She looks about the same size as Coco who weighs in at 3.5kg, which is 7.7lb so way less than 10lbs! 10lbs is 4.5kg. Could your vet have said that she weighed 10lbs, not lost 10lbs?

You really need to check! I keep an eye on how much my rabbits weigh, they're check at each vet visit. Thumper remains steady at 2.5kg but Coco's slowly creeping up and has a full kilo on her sister and yet they eat the same. I make Coco move a little more now and restrict her morning pellets, so we'll see if that makes a difference next vet visit!

Anyway, how is you wabbit today? Doing better I hope :)

she's pretty exquisite isn't she? :love:

How are you doing with the eye Sharpie? Lady Blue hasn't been nibbling any more vets, has she? :lol:

Her eyes are looking really good! A few dry lumps here and there but the majority has gone! The bald eye is the best one of the two as the fur that fell out took most the dry bits.
She hasn't been weepy the last two days!
She's had a lot of nasal discharge though so hopefully that means it's coming out!

Back