• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround

bunnymum85

Warren Scout
Hello,

I need to address the fact that 16 & 12ft corrugated pipe Foxy has from hutch -> run is doing her feet/sore hocks no good at all. I suspect it's the reason why she burst one recently!

Are there any other alternatives I.e smooth pipes, or a better idea entirely? That last I want is to be manually moving her from hutch run again, as she hates a lot of picking up hence why I did it in the first place.
At just over 8 years old, the fur has thinned on the feet which hasn't helped.

We also suspect she has a mild arthritis, or just a bit stiffer so her actual walk may be wider than we think.

Any help/advice greatly received.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear :cry: I used runaround without any problems at all, but if there is a sore hock issue I suppose that is the problem. I don't know of any smooth pipes available, you could ask runaround to see if they have any suggestions?

Does it need to be a pipe? Could it just be a runaround tunnel with mesh under the turf?

Could you train her to hop into a carrier to be transported to a run? It could more relaxing for her than being picked up.

Thank you all for your help, I will go to the drawling board. The animal carrier, I can try but I think she associates that a lot with the vets now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can take a while to do carrier training, especially if she associates it with something negative.
It also doesn't allow her contact access to an exercise area.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Smooth-bore tubes? If you don't need it to bend and it's not a slope, they cope quite well in one of those: if ours is too slope-y Lopsy can't get up it, it's hilarious because he proper gives us stink-eye when we drop the angle so he can make it ;p You can just hear this frantic scrabbling and then silent cursing :lol: He knows we're watching because we're laughing (and encouraging!). Hasn't happened for ages now because we've not needed to move the lawn-tubes.

Otherwise, a strip of something down the tube? Carpet or whatever? Stapled at the ends?

Back