• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pictures

Nope, when you post a picture at the moment your just linking to it and it uses the bandwidth of the site its stored on. For example, if your picture has the address http://www.imagestation.com/mypicture.jpg then its the website www.imagestation.com whose bandwidth you are using.

When I sort out something to allow you to upload images here then those will use our bandwidth because they are stored on this site.

So post as many cute pictures as you like :D

Tam

So does that mean when I copy the pics to my photobucket, and then post them on here, it's not using the RU bandwidth? (sorry Tam, but I'm a bit dim when it comes to things like this :roll: :? )

Then maybe we don't need to upload images straight onto the RU site, that would save RU a bit on funds. Just post a set of instructions on how to set up their own album ie. photobucket, muchos but NOT imagestation!

Just a thought :)

Yep, when you copy the code from photobucket your not copying the actual image just a link to it, so your not using any of RUs bandwidth.

Thats a good idea about instructions, I'll put some together :D

Tam

:( Hi Tams -

Instructions would be brill - especially for a non techky like myself - I've been trying to get some pickies onto the site for a few days now and I'm struggling with how to do it. Also the same regarding Avatars - I'd love one of the moving ones and I have one which is small enough but cannot get it attached.

Oh help O wise Techky one!! - :lol:

Here are some instructions - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=107 let me know if you think anythng needs clarifing or more details.

You can add an avatar in your profile. Presuming the image is currently on your computer look for the box labled 'Upload Avatar from your machine:' click the 'browse' button next to it and select the image. Then hit the 'submit' button.

Hope that helps,
Tamsin

Back