• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
since losing his wifey-bun, Bella, Edward is clearly depressed. He seems to be "going through the motions" he eats, poohs, wees etc but i can tell he is missing her dreadfully. my first thought is to get him a new friend but i know the bonding process can be quite fraught and time consuming, i also worry that if he gets a friend, at some point one of them will leave for the bridge.

i want what's best for him but i don't want to keep having to say goodbye to little furries, i don't think i can take it in the long term.

apart from lots of fuss and cuddles, is there anything you guy's can suggest to make his life better without another bun?

emily x:(

Could you get him his own teddy?
Lots of toys that requires him to use his brain?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bringing a female home to bond with him should be much easier than if it were the other way round. How old is he?

aww bless you, its a hard decision when you're not sure you want to own bunnies forever. Some rescues allow you to have a bun for as long as they are needed though I imagine that's difficult too as you'll have formed bonds & it would still be a goodbye of sorts.
Is he an inside or outside bun?

Emily, I am in the exact same boat as you so I know how your are feeling. My Oliver is nearly 7 as well. He lost his friend nearly 6 weeks ago. How long ago did u loose Bella?? I have ordered a cardboard maze from Daves amazing mazes. They really keep the buns amused as I had one before. if u have room for it as it is quite big. It's really hard watching them on their own.

aww bless you, its a hard decision when you're not sure you want to own bunnies forever. Some rescues allow you to have a bun for as long as they are needed though I imagine that's difficult too as you'll have formed bonds & it would still be a goodbye of sorts.
Is he an inside or outside bun?
Edward is an indoor bunny, funny thing, after posting my initial thread i introduced him to his new hay tray and he binkied around the room like a mad thing!! perhaps i should wait a while, it's only been a few weeks since Bella went to the bridge. i can,t expect him to be over it just yet.

Emily, I am in the exact same boat as you so I know how your are feeling. My Oliver is nearly 7 as well. He lost his friend nearly 6 weeks ago. How long ago did u loose Bella?? I have ordered a cardboard maze from Daves amazing mazes. They really keep the buns amused as I had one before. if u have room for it as it is quite big. It's really hard watching them on their own.

I lost Bella on 2nd september, as you may read on a thread reply, Edward was very happy to get a new hay tray, bpouncing round the room like a mad thing!

Back