• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it...

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
That as soon as you groom your lionhead, they seem to need grooming again?

Morpheus is very unimpressed with me! He tolerates being groomed, but hates being picked up and especially having his belly groomed. Gah! He is now giving himself a good once over.

I've only had Charlie and Echo three weeks, Charlie sucks Echo's mane and gives her dreadlocks. I've cut one out and teased the other two out. She's not impressed with me though.

My theory is that every time you pick a bunny up, in their eyes, you have made them dirty, they therefore have to clean the dirt (ie you / me / any bunny owner) away. Joey even washes each of his toes after a pedicure. Strangely enough bunnies don't feel dirty when they have jumped on your head in the night, if they lick your dirty clothes or crawl all over you in a bid for food & affection

My theory is that every time you pick a bunny up, in their eyes, you have made them dirty, they therefore have to clean the dirt (ie you / me / any bunny owner) away. Joey even washes each of his toes after a pedicure. Strangely enough bunnies don't feel dirty when they have jumped on your head in the night, if they lick your dirty clothes or crawl all over you in a bid for food & affection
[emoji38] seems right

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Foxy is a lion head...
c6e9861029767af11208f639e471663c.jpg

She too washes all toes after a pedicure lol

She seems to be loosing little tufts of fur, so I can only assume her summer coat is still shedding and the winter one coming through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have the personality to go with it, right little madam at times lol

Definitely, they need to get that nasty human smell off themselves as soon as possible, unless of course they've initiated the contact, then it's a different matter. They normally need to express their displeasure at being "humaned" with a good stomp and/or flicking of the feet too. Got to love them.

Oh yeah, the stomp lol
But yeah, it's okay if you've licked me to death, and have moist patches on my clothes [emoji38]

Oh yeah, the stomp lol
But yeah, it's okay if you've licked me to death, and have moist patches on my clothes [emoji38]

Or holes :roll:

It must particularly be the lionhead too...Pip is always extremely miffed if I dare to touch her royal person. Foot flicks, oinks, grunts and wash, wash, wash...gotta get that nasty hoomin smell off...ew, ew, ew! :lol:

Bungee is the same. I think she quite enjoys it at the time. The minute I let her go though she stomps and has to wash herself! :D

Back