• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Turned Down a Foster Bun But Feel Sad :(

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
The sanctuary contacted me yester day to see if I would consider fostering a young girl with sight issues. They haven't got her in their care yet . I told them no as I don't feel ready to jump back into medicating a bun after having intensely nursed my bridge bun Code for so long. (Though she may not need medication but she is too young, would need an older bun as Oliver is nearly 7) He has only passed just over 5 weeks ago :( and am still grieving for him. I told them to get back to me in a few months. I feel so bad plus this is made worse by me seeing Oliver so lonely and I turned down a potential friend. I am constantly worryin about Oliver but at the same time know we need a little break and to get our finances in order. I realistically would probably be thinking about a buddy for Oliver in the new year if a suitable foster came available. In the meantime I have ordered another cardboard maze from Daves amazing mazes as Oliver loved the last one and destroyed it so hope thar will keep him occupied. It's just these mix of emotions are very difficult.

Sending lots of hugs. It's so difficult to know what to do, but I do think you need to go with your instincts on this. I hope Oliver likes his new cardboard maze.

Your instincts are telling you this young bun isn't the right one for your whole family at this time & I can completely understand why. You don't need the stress of a bun with with known health issues whilst your still grieving for beautiful Cody. When the right bun comes along at the right time you'll know. In the meantime I know you'll be giving Oliver lots of attention (as well as his amazing maze) x

The sanctuary contacted me yester day to see if I would consider fostering a young girl with sight issues. They haven't got her in their care yet . I told them no as I don't feel ready to jump back into medicating a bun after having intensely nursed my bridge bun Code for so long. (Though she may not need medication but she is too young, would need an older bun as Oliver is nearly 7) He has only passed just over 5 weeks ago :( and am still grieving for him. I told them to get back to me in a few months. I feel so bad plus this is made worse by me seeing Oliver so lonely and I turned down a potential friend. I am constantly worryin about Oliver but at the same time know we need a little break and to get our finances in order. I realistically would probably be thinking about a buddy for Oliver in the new year if a suitable foster came available. In the meantime I have ordered another cardboard maze from Daves amazing mazes as Oliver loved the last one and destroyed it so hope thar will keep him occupied. It's just these mix of emotions are very difficult.

Oh Nicky I completely understand and I am sure the sanctuary will too. It's very raw, and painful emotionally to jump into medicating a rabbit again so soon, especially with a connection to a similar condition.

It's also really sensible for you to get your finances in order, as vet bills are an immense drain and we always want to do our best.

I am totally with you. I am sure Oliver will be delighted with his maze :D And who knows what the future holds? You will know when the magical time is right again :D

Love and hugs for you :love:

Thanks Joey , Omi and Max for your support and hugs. Made me feel a bit better. Just needed to share how I was feeling. Yes hopefully Olivers Maze will come tomorrow and that will occupy him . Also just back from a nice walk cutting some hawthorn for Oliver. There r berries on it now Joey !!

Back