• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis, vibes please

mariposa

Mama Doe
Our little one is at the vets with stasis, don't know cause as his teeth are still fine after they were filed :( Please can I have some vibes? xx

That's great he's eating again :) What's his name?

Sometimes there is no reason for stasis, it just happens. My Thumper has regular bouts (search my name and you'll find my posts!) and Coco's just had one as well. The vet is stumped as to why Thumper suffers so much as nothing has shown up in tests. The last lot she had (2 inside 18 days) she was really ill, looked like she wanted to die quite frankly, but happily she pulled through and is now fine ... until next time.

Well done for spotting it and now you know the signs you know what to look for but try not to become paranoid about it - your bunny may not get it again. Coco has had 3 bouts in 5 years. Thumper ... we've lost count, and I mean that quite literally. And they're sisters from the same litter. No reason for it, no change in diet, no stress, nothing. It's just one of those things so don't beat yourself up about it, it's highly unlikely something you've done, or not done for that matter.

Here's hoping it's a one-off for your bunny :)

Sending some vibes as well. I went through this recently too, there was no apparent reason why Bubbles' recent bout started but within a few days he was back home and now its as if nothing ever happened. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone. He is eating and pooing so can pick him up later :)
Angie, sorry to hear Thumper gets it so often. Your bunnies are very lucky to have you looking out for them!
Dem, glad Bubbles is doing well :)
xx

Back