• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding break down

Griff

Young Bun
Hi
So Poppy and Jake have had a fight last night. It's 11 weeks since they had their first and most recent fall out since being bonded in June.
This is two fights they have had now, albeit they are completely in love most of the time and always eat, sleep and groom together.
I've noticed on occasion if Jake gets excited and runs and binkies a lot she gets a bit upset (she's very bossy and likes to be king pin) and he's been excitable recently.
Is this normal or do they need rebonding? I'm amazed they have had a proper fight as they've been so close.
They been to vets a few weeks ago and definitely not poorly or any animals around. The only thing at the moment is that I am away on holiday for one week and they have someone in twice a day to look after them. But she's been and looked after them lots before so they know her. As she has 3 rabbits herself I wonder if Poppy is picking up a new scent (not sure why she's not bothered before though). Last time they fought I'm convinced it was referred aggression. But I've even had my sisters 2 rabbits for 2 weeks and she was fine then.

It's a real mystery.
Some bunnies are very sensitive to certain things (Daphne for example (top bunny) gets grumpy when Phoebe lays in a certain place of the house and chases her off, she's sensitive to the smell of male rabbits, but generally okay if I smell of female buns).

I'm sorry I can't advise anything, we use pet remedy in their room to keep them chilled and Daphne does seem to get worse when it runs out.

How much room do they have available to them constantly?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They have plenty of room. Double 6ft hitch plus 6ft run. Just find it odd how they can be so close yet have a fight every now and then. She's quite dominant but she's not territorial like some does. She's fine with me. Doesn't mind sharing food, never grumpy, doesn't mind when I clean them out. She's quite loving. She's just a bit of a live wire at times. And he loves binkeys and is quite playful. Sometimes I think she gets annoyed if he does lots of belly flops and is overly chilled or overly happy, like she wants to prove she's more relaxed or happy!
I can only think it's smells but I can't work out why she's ok with some smells and buns but not others. You may have a point on the Buck and doe thing. She seems more threatened by other does rather than bucks.

Being threatened by does is normal. That's her territorial side showing.
Is it possible there is something visiting the garden, or building works etc that is upsetting her?

Female are grumpy anyway, and so long as the fights aren't extreme I wouldn't worry too much. (E.g. a little chase & fur pulling is fine, but full blown rolling around on the floor, biting each other isn't okay)...

Hopefully someone else with a better brain will be along to offer more advice but I just can't seem to get my brain to work atm.

It may be worth thinking about offering them more space, something like a runaround tunnel to another run so he can go mental away from her?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back