• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sick bun????

kenyasasha

Young Bun
Help ive jusT noticed my mini lop as not pooed for about ten hours shes very quiet tonight and not eating her fav treat of banana. I have heard her tummy making noise too. any help hints ideas greatly appreciated. Im so worried now. Thanks

Personally I'd take her to the vets for diagnosis and treatment. I'd take her right away.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'd call them again if they're not getting back to you. Are they an out of hours service? Do they refer to another 24 hr hospital that you can contact?

I'd keep tempting with any food you can. Herbs, fruit etc. The real worry is a blockage, which eating will not help which is why a vet really needs to examine. I'd Google 24 hr vet practices in your area and find one who can see her right away x

I'd call them again if they're not getting back to you. Are they an out of hours service? Do they refer to another 24 hr hospital that you can contact?

I'd keep tempting with any food you can. Herbs, fruit etc. The real worry is a blockage, which eating will not help which is why a vet really needs to examine. I'd Google 24 hr vet practices in your area and find one who can see her right away x

Agree :thumb:

I hope your bun will be OK. Good luck xx

Just back from the vets.... fluids given painkillers given two injections given to get things moving more drops to be given tomorrow morning an some food to give with a syringe. shes now been given kale which shes nibbled and a bit of bananna. she had no temp and tummy felt ok when felt??? but def no droppings since 11 yesterday morning and a tiny bit of water taken. going to put he to bed shes seeming a bit more hoppy and active so im hoping shes feeling a bit better. will tuck her in and hope we wake to a lovely full litter. thanks for all your advice they are such complex wee creatures. xoxo

Just back from the vets.... fluids given painkillers given two injections given to get things moving more drops to be given tomorrow morning an some food to give with a syringe. shes now been given kale which shes nibbled and a bit of bananna. she had no temp and tummy felt ok when felt??? but def no droppings since 11 yesterday morning and a tiny bit of water taken. going to put he to bed shes seeming a bit more hoppy and active so im hoping shes feeling a bit better. will tuck her in and hope we wake to a lovely full litter. thanks for all your advice they are such complex wee creatures. xoxo

I am glad that you took your Bunny to a Vet and I hope that she has now improved a lot. For future reference this may be useful to read

http://anyflip.com/dvpt/hzvv

Really hope she improves :D Sending you loads of vibes xx

I had to leave her home alone today but managed to get some recovery fiber in her tis morning and some medicine orally. we also managed some fresh grass dandilions a bit of bananna in her and some kale. Came home just now and we have some pellets and some wee. she still not drunk a lot though. Im going to give her more medicine later and keep tempting her with her fav treats. if shes pooing and eating (all be it a little) do i need to take her back to the vet?

I had to leave her home alone today but managed to get some recovery fiber in her tis morning and some medicine orally. we also managed some fresh grass dandilions a bit of bananna in her and some kale. Came home just now and we have some pellets and some wee. she still not drunk a lot though. Im going to give her more medicine later and keep tempting her with her fav treats. if shes pooing and eating (all be it a little) do i need to take her back to the vet?

I would call the Vet to update him/her and seek his/her advice as to whether your Bunny needs to be examined again. The fact that she has some input and output now is good news and hopefully with ongoing medication until input and output are back to normal Bunny will make a full recovery xx

Why don't you give the vet a call and see what they say? x

called vets waiting to hear back from them.. dont want to drag her out and stress her unnecessarily i just want her well. xo

Back