• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Mimzy, possible torn third eyelud? :(

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
As if I don't have enough to worry me with Fiver. Now it appears Mimzy has torn (or God forbid one of the cats did) his third eyelid on his 'up' eye. Conjunctiva is red and weepy and 'boogery'. He hasn't had his eyedrops in a week because I can't find the brand we use for him. He will also have to be seen along with Fiver when I see the vet open tomorrow but can I do anything to help him till then?

Gosh...sorry to just be posting more misery. :cry: Many TIA.
(Still using phone data...sorry to be brief.)

The only thing I can suggest is to apply some 'Artificial Tears' . You should be able to buy them OTC from a Pharmacy. The generic name of the type I have used is Carmellose Sodium. Sold here as Celluvisc. It wont treat or prevent infection, but it should keep the eye lubricated and reduce soreness until you can get Mimzy to a Vet.

You sure are being put through the mill M :cry: Sending millions more vibes x

Oh goodness - I am sorry that you have poorly buns when you are still recovering and settling in. Sending loads of vibes for Mimzy and Fiver and some hugs for you x

Sending loads of vibes for Mimzy. I hope his vet consultation goes well tomorrow and that his eye soon becomes lots less sore.

Thanks everyone. Jane thank you, I'll look for those tears.
Honestly I hadn't expected any bun to survive the trip so we're still a step ahead, just. Will keep you all updated as I am able. :love: xxxx

{{{Mimzy}}}
I suppose if this was going to happen, better it now when you were already making a trip to the vet with Fiver. Better then having to wait another week then going in twice. I hope their visit goes well and you will be happy with the new vet.

Could there be new things in the environment irritating him? Even pollen that's blown indoors?

I remember using just phone data for a while and how quickly it seemed to disappear! Have you got a library near by you can book free internet time? Useful if you're wanting to keep tabs on what jobs are available in the area. Then there's the free wifi at good old MacDonalds. :p

Back