• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pigs

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
I am missing my Brownie pig today. I would love to see some cheeky piggy faces so please feel free to post pics/stories for me to admire :love:

I'm sorry your missing brownie pig :(

Here's some pictures of my sister three boys (Tom, Jerry & Porky)
And also my two boys who left a few years ago at the ripe old age of 11 (Tom & Bernie)

7eea04d88e0bb4a428a4184d38dd27d2.jpg

The three boys at babies with their mummy

db663830043df9a597711308b19a5021.jpg

Tom & Bernie

c1fd8b4c197dacb92a60e081cac03331.jpg

73aa8a110d0deaa60aa85a23d1eca9db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

11?! :shock: What is your secret daphnephoebe? Thank you for sharing pics of your lovely piggies x
No secret. I rescued them at 8 years old as ex breeding boars. Both unneutered for their entire life, and the breeder said they couldn't be bonded as they hated each other. I put them together and they loved each other.
To the point when Tom passed, Bernie followed within a few days. He was too heart broken to carry on.
I only expected to have them for a year at most, but they just kept going. They got moved into the greenhouse over winter.

11 is an amazing age! I'm convinced boars are built of sterner stuff than the sows (although I would say that, as I haven't had any!) I have a huge soft spot for agoutis and agouti crosses.

I'm off to find some photos of piggies I've had now. There might be a lot! :lol:

No secret. I rescued them at 8 years old as ex breeding boars. Both unneutered for their entire life, and the breeder said they couldn't be bonded as they hated each other. I put them together and they loved each other.
To the point when Tom passed, Bernie followed within a few days. He was too heart broken to carry on.
I only expected to have them for a year at most, but they just kept going. They got moved into the greenhouse over winter.

Oh that's so sad but lovely too. :love:

Right, here I go... :lol:

These pigs I had the longest, as I had them all from babies (all different ages in the photo). Front is Holly, then Cassie is left and Snow right. Snow was probably my favourite pig ever... She had such a lovely soft personality.

Does my bum look big in this? Cassie was a porker, which helped her so much in later life, as she could safely shed weight in ill health!

Oh my gosh! Sarah, that pic really needed to come with a cuteness warning. So beautiful x

I think females don't stick around so long. I always found lucky to get them to 8 yet all the boars seemed to get to at least 9

Rosie

I'm missing a pig... I don't seem to have any photos of her first cage mate, Jenny (who we called Jenny-fur :lol: ) on Photobucket.

Oh my gosh! Sarah, that pic really needed to come with a cuteness warning. So beautiful x

I think females don't stick around so long. I always found lucky to get them to 8 yet all the boars seemed to get to at least 9

My longest-lived pig (all sows) was 7. None of the others have lived any longer than 5. :(

My longest-lived pig (all sows) was 7. None of the others have lived any longer than 5. :(
That's a good age for a sow :)
It's a shame they didn't all live that long. I guess I've been very lucky - I want to get more piggies but I also want rats and chickens so I doubt I'll ever get more.

Two pig butts for you - Jake and Finn :) This was only a few days after we got them, Jake has a massive butt now! They're lovely. They sometimes have disagreements over bits of hay or hit each other over the head with an apple, but it's so lovely to see them snuggling together when they snooze!

And this is everyone's all time picture of our old pig, Uno :lol: He seemed to have a certain majestic look about him! He was a lovely lil guy and passed away in his sleep in January. We're pretty sure he was blind and deaf but as long as he got food and cuddles he was happy as anything :)

Back