• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Autumn Leaf

JessBun

Mama Doe
Thought I would post an update on Autumn now since she is almost 4 and a half months old, where does the time go :shock:

So if anyone remembers my being run ragged because of her litter tray problems (in summary, no litter tray usage at all and just peeing/pooping everywhere!) I'm pleased to say she is now litter trained :D I think as her hormones have come in, she then wanted to go in specific places, which made it easy to pop a litter tray there. First, she was just doing wee's in there, but now there is very rarely the stray poop - maybe 2-3 per day! I hope it continues - though I'm not expecting her to be this good forever. It certainly beats hundreds of the things everywhere though.

Unfortunately, Autumn did come to us with a bad case of mites. No missing fur at all, no scabs/sores - and really just the odd scratching, but on inspection, she did have a lot of them. Poor lass. She was treated, and has been free of them for quite a while now and is much more comfortable :thumb: This does highlight one of many issues you can encounter getting a bun from BYB's or even just accidental litters, sadly! Luckily we managed to keep it contained and none of my other furries contracted them.

After being clear of the mites for quite a while, she was able to be popped out in the outdoor run on warm days. This is where the hormones/litter training came in - because her and Micky (her future husbun :love: ) could see each other. She then started being litter trained - but it also brought her first spray of wee up the walls :shock:

Autumnleaf is honestly the most wonderful, affectionate bun I have ever had the pleasure of owning. We really hit so very lucky, and I'm so glad we made the decision to get her. I could just cry sometimes at how affectionate she is :oops: She always wants to be around us, and see what we are up to - and is always ready to groom/lick you. She loves nothing more than being flopped with you and being stroked for ages. Then she'll take her turn to convince you to groom her some more. The children who handled her before we got her, I have to say did an amazing job with her. She even follows me to the bathroom and sits and waits for me :roll: I fully expect that once bonded we'll get less of this - but I'll be just so grateful to have shared this with her, for the time we do.

It's not too long till her spay now. We're both incredibly nervous. I'm dreading it and frightened that'll I'll lose her - she's just so close with us.

So, pictures. These are rather old, as my camera seems to have gone AWOL but there'll be more soon enough. She's much bigger now and can't believe how much she's grown. OH has of course totally fallen for her, after grumping hard about getting her. He loves her to bits, and tells her so too! I think it's easy to see ;)

Last edited:
So pleased Autumnleaf has stopped being a messy bun and glad OH has got to love her :love: Have you got a good Vet for her spay?

Back