• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pinching Husbuns Food

Christine662

Warren Scout
Hi:wave:

Lilah & Frankie have been bonded over 2 months. Lots of cuddles, mutual grooming etc. No fights at all.:D

Ive noticed the last couple of days that whenever Frankie is eating anything, Lilah rushes over & takes it off him, dropping whatever she has to do this.

He just lets her bless him.

Any ideas? I don't really want to feed them apart, but am confused as to why Lilah has suddenly started doing this.

Christine x

This to me is normal. Normal for my three anyway. They have always taken food out of one another's mouths, as it clearly tastes better than what they have :lol:

I wouldn't worry unless you think that Frankie is not getting enough to eat. He might learn to do the same :)

Hi Omi

Thanks. Just odd how shes just randomly started doing it. Frankie is far from looking starved, when we collected him from the rescue we took him to the vet for vaccinations & a check up etc....she said he was 'portly'. But think he has lost a little as he is more active than he was at the rescue. Let them free range in the garden every afternoon for the last week or so.

Lilah was the opposite when we took her to the vet after picking her up, she was under weight.

I'll keep an eye to make sure he gets enough.

Christine x

Sounds incredibly cute. I bet it's similar to:

Mrs bun: give me your food, it looks better than mine
Mr bun: yes dear

[emoji38] so cute.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My bridge pair were always nicking food from each other.I used to put down two pieces of broccoli but they always wanted the same bit.My wee budgie Jinks would fly down and pinch it from both of them,:lol:

Jinks the budgie loved Rio rabbit,he used to fly down and land on his head and preen his fur.Rio being a lazy carpet slob stretched his head out in bliss.ahem Jinks used to sometimes get "frisky" in his fur.:oops: Cleo the female bun would run away from the budgie.Wee jinks was Pts last sept he had a large tumour on his back that would bleed.He was nearly twelve.

Sounds incredibly cute. I bet it's similar to:

Mrs bun: give me your food, it looks better than mine
Mr bun: yes dear

[emoji38] so cute.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] This is definitely my two!!

Back