• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want another one!

booboobunny

Warren Scout
I have 5 rabbits already, but it is so hard to resist getting more! Boo Boo is my favourite breed - a lop, about 2.5kg so fairly chunky and she's super friendly and cuddly. The other 4 rabbits are dwarfs (which I had always said I'd never have but I now have 4! :lol: ).
Anyway, I was in a shop last week and there is the cutest looking little black and white version of Boo Boo. Oh my goodness it was hard to leave the shop without her. I went back in today, expecting her to be sold as she is ridiculously cute, but she's still there. This time I stood infront of the tiny little cage she's being kept in and tried to think of how I could possibly take her home.
It's so hard to not get her - she's exactly the type of rabbit that I have always loved and wanted more of.
My head is saying no, we'll have to get her spayed and vaccinated etc and where will she live? But my heart is saying yes!

Everyone already calls me a crazy rabbit lady!

I'm not sure what the point of this post is really. I think maybe I'm hoping someone will say something that will make me decide whether to get her or not!

I mean I do technically have space to house her in the garden, but it's probably nor fair to put her outside on her own now it's coming into colder months really is it.
I'm not sure about bonding her with any of the others

I mean I do technically have space to house her in the garden, but it's probably nor fair to put her outside on her own now it's coming into colder months really is it.
I'm not sure about bonding her with any of the others

Will taking on another Rabbit impact on the care you are able to provide for the Rabbits you already have ?

If you are going to house her outdoors she will need a friend. So she would need to be bonded with a Rabbit/Rabbits you already have or you'd need to take on a 7th Rabbit......................

She will need to be spayed and vaccinated, both the combination vaccine and the RHD2 vaccine.

If you have the funds/space/time to take on another Rabbit (potentially another 2 Rabbits) then do so. BUT it can be very easy to fall into the 'just one more' trap. I know, I fell. It could have ended very badly..............

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :)

I don't think it would impact my care for the others, but you're right Jacks-Jane - the vaccinations, the neutering, her needing a friend etc is expensive and probably not sensible in the long run.
I love the idea of having her, but perhaps in a couple of months time I might regret it when I've got all of that to pay for and then have to also get a 7th and do the bonding, which is never enjoyable is it!
Although I do have time and funds and space etc for probably a good few more rabbits, you're right as well about not falling into the 'just one more' trap - I imagine it could quickly become overwhelming.
Sometimes a rabbit just grabs your heart doesn't it and makes you think it would be a good idea to have another! Hopefully she'll go to a really good home.

I don't think it would impact my care for the others, but you're right Jacks-Jane - the vaccinations, the neutering, her needing a friend etc is expensive and probably not sensible in the long run.
I love the idea of having her, but perhaps in a couple of months time I might regret it when I've got all of that to pay for and then have to also get a 7th and do the bonding, which is never enjoyable is it!
Although I do have time and funds and space etc for probably a good few more rabbits, you're right as well about not falling into the 'just one more' trap - I imagine it could quickly become overwhelming.
Sometimes a rabbit just grabs your heart doesn't it and makes you think it would be a good idea to have another! Hopefully she'll go to a really good home.

It can be very hard to not let heart rule head. But in the end it is far better to focus on what we already have and only add to that when we are 100% certain that we can cope, not just for now but for all the years ahead. I think you seem to have made a sensible decision. Something I often failed to do.

It can be very hard to not let heart rule head. But in the end it is far better to focus on what we already have and only add to that when we are 100% certain that we can cope, not just for now but for all the years ahead. I think you seem to have made a sensible decision. Something I often failed to do.

Same here.

Back