• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LittleFeet RabPage

Their beautiful! Its a lovely big area you have for them to exersise in too :D

Welcome to the forum!

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Hiya Louise!

Nice to meet you. Your furries are adorable and Tamsin's right they have a wonderful amount of living space! Do you not worry that they might dig under the fences? :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
Hiya Louise!

Nice to meet you. Your furries are adorable and Tamsin's right they have a wonderful amount of living space! Do you not worry that they might dig under the fences? :lol:

Hiya,
Luckily their main digging site has been towards the house. They have quite a warren going there. Wizzy has started another under her hutch which broke through to the next run about a month ago, but she didn't go through it as she knows the bounds of her territory. But one of the guineas, Oliver, did, and had a ferocious fight with Frodo who ended up with a nasty abcess on his face :( I blocked that hole up with bricks, and sucessfully treated the abcess with salt water and baytril. I noticed tonight a lot more soil dug out of there; I'll have to check in the morning to make sure she is not headed out of the garden entirely before I let her out tomorrow. The thing is they are territorial, so even when they get out they do come back, usually after I spend hours trying to entice them with all sorts of treats while they scoff fresh grass until bedtime when they want to come back for thier beloved pellets as usual. None of them are hard to catch, most dive into the hutch as soon as I reach in towards the feed bowl. I actually have more trouble with them jumping over the fences than going underneath, but that usually happens only after they have been swapped around, until they learn who owns which territory. I have even had two groups of rabbits patrol an invisible boundary when they shared the whole garden as a single run. The females never crossed over, although Hazel, who was the only male at the time, ignored it.

Hi Lousie and a huge welcome to Rabbits United.
You live in my area of Worcestershire too, it is great to have a "local" on board!.
Look forward to hearing many bunny tale from you :D

Adele said:
Hi Lousie and a huge welcome to Rabbits United.
You live in my area of Worcestershire too, it is great to have a "local" on board!.
Look forward to hearing many bunny tale from you :D

Hi Adele,

Thanks for the welcome:)

I'm in Redditch, not far from Pershore at all. There seem to be quite a few people on this forum who are from around this area.

Hi again, :wave:
I have added more info to the image maps of my littlefeet as I haven't really said very much about us so far. To see it you just hold the mouse over the animal and the details will appear.

Most of my littlefeet are rescues, but I have also been suceptable to poor creatures in pet shops facing grim futures :roll: I try to resist but the thought of them being kept permanently locked up in small boxes horrifies me. :cry:

Heather said:
Hi

Loved the pictures to.

I see you bunny and dog eating from the same bowl, was it doggie food?

It was :roll:
But I think it was just that rabbit curiosity, he wasn't actually eating from the bowl, just making sure she wasn't getitng any carrots....
Both the rabbits and the guineas liked to steal the leftover dog meal though. Yurch.

The previous owner of Tuffle, the rabbit Anne adopted from us, says Truffle used to love eating dog biscuits and she had a nylabone to chew on too.

I would recommend that the bunnies and guineas don't have any dog food as the nutrients that dogs have and bunnies have are completely different so it can damaged their diets.

Also, bunnies are strict vegetarians.

Heather said:
I would recommend that the bunnies and guineas don't have any dog food as the nutrients that dogs have and bunnies have are completely different so it can damaged their diets.

Also, bunnies are strict vegetarians.

It wasn't deliberate, but the fussy dog would always leave a few chunks of meal in her bowl which would get raided. Anyway, the dog opted to leave us for my mothers house after we went on holiday last year as she likes being the only animal, and sleeping on a people bed; and she really didn't like it when Buckthorn chased her. That rabbit believed in preemptive strikes to prevent her stepping on him. She would look at me most resentfully when he did that as she knew she wasn't allowed to bite him. I miss them both:(

Lazylops said:
Hello and welcome to you and all your furries, I see you are a fan of Watership Down?
:D

Yes I am :D I have read it to my children several times, plus I read it myself as a child. It is a lovely book. And my girlie buns really fit the names as they are agouti, althouh they are far bigger than wild rabbits. Hazel however, could do with a few more wise leadership characteristics like his namesake, and stop being such a bully. I should have named him General Woundwort the way he behaves these days :? [I'm not too happy with him, he keeps waking me up banging around in the hutch, harassing Hyzenthlay. I already had to separate him from Magic as he bullied her so badly. Hyzenthlay is more able to stand up for herself, but I am watching the situation.]

Back