• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heated mats

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
So my bunnies (as an adult) have been indoor until this summer. My pair have moved out into a converted shed and I have got a single who lives in a hutch run combo. I've never had to think about the winter cold before and want to do my best so I don't feel guilty about them being out there.

I'm looking at heated mats. I think I'm going to get some ones that you microwave for night time but I've found some self heating ones that look good, have good reviews and are fairly cheap. Has anyone used self heating mats before and if so what did you think?

Thanks x

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So my bunnies (as an adult) have been indoor until this summer. My pair have moved out into a converted shed and I have got a single who lives in a hutch run combo. I've never had to think about the winter cold before and want to do my best so I don't feel guilty about them being out there.

I'm looking at heated mats. I think I'm going to get some ones that you microwave for night time but I've found some self heating ones that look good, have good reviews and are fairly cheap. Has anyone used self heating mats before and if so what did you think?

Thanks x

What's a self heating mat? Have you a link? :)

I like those countrybumpkin...ive been thinking ahead to winter too. New bunny mum since July. I wont be able to sleep if I think they might be cold.

Christine x

I won't go into the reasons why they've moved outside but I can't help but feel guilty. They used to live in our third bedroom (the whole thing theirs). The shed is incredible for them, my husband got his DIY on for me and it has brilliant levels for them and all sorts but I don't want them to be cold in winter because I will worry!

I quite like the look of them and they like to lay on mats and inside tunnels so I'm sure they'd use them and in the process keep a bit warmer

X

Yes they do look good. I wish we had a shed for ours, but OH has already put together 2 different hutches in 2months.....I think he would be a bit miffed:)

They are in a 2 tier 5ft welfare hutch with a 8ft run attached with 24/7 access.

I know what you mean about worrying, I'm thinking of it already & its only just autumn:D

I might get a couple it cant hurt.

Christine x

I know...Ive only had ours since end of July.....taken over my life. The dog is very put out:D

Really worth it, so funny to watch them.

They have arrived :) eeeeek :) I shall let you all know what the bunnies think- at the minute they're not too sure when the gave permission for something new to be added!

They have arrived :) eeeeek :) I shall let you all know what the bunnies think- at the minute they're not too sure when the gave permission for something new to be added!

:lol:

I have electric heated pads for my bunnies and I think I will get them out tonight, as it's getting a bit nippy ...

...and my bunnies are indoors :lol:

Thought I'd just update this as I've now had the self heating mats for a little while....they are a hit!

My two that are in the shed have a couple laid out flat and they snuggle on them and my two that are in hutch/run have them stuck lining a sleeping box and they spend so much time in there! They aren't chewing them or soiling them either which is good :)

Thought I'd just update this as I've now had the self heating mats for a little while....they are a hit!

My two that are in the shed have a couple laid out flat and they snuggle on them and my two that are in hutch/run have them stuck lining a sleeping box and they spend so much time in there! They aren't chewing them or soiling them either which is good :)

Thank you for that! I struggle to understand what a self-heating thermal core is, but hey, if they work, that's all that matters :D

I think they just reflect their body heat back to them but the buns seem to like them, they're super soft and I've washed them and they come out well

Hi countrybumpkin

I got one of those kitty shacks for my 2...they've been nibbling it...have yours? I'm worries they might get something stuck, shame as it lovely.

None of mine chew theirs. They haven't even tried to dig it up. They just snuggle on them.

Back