• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petalcleanse

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Has anyone used petalcleanse on their rabbits? I have a few friends who want to meet the bunnies but are really allergic. Does it work? How often does it have to be applied and how long does a bottle last? Are there any alternatives?

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I've never used it, but just looked it up on Amazon (curious as I'd never heard of it). The packaging doesn't mention whether it's suitable for rabbits so I wouldn't use it, especially as it's for applying direct to their fur i.e. they are going eat it when they groom.

Would an alternative option be to make sure dust from hay and any moulting fur is hovered/swept up? (although looking at the petalcleanse packaging they claim hoovering makes it worse - but they would say that so they can sell their product :roll:)
I struggle sometimes when my two are moulting and have found that washing my face immediately after being in contact helps a lot (otherwise I suffer from streaming/itchy eyes).

I hope you find something to help your friends - good luck!

I wouldn't use it.
I'd make my friend take antihistamines and ensure they wash their hands & face after handling. I'd also hoover before they're due to come around to pick up most of the fur that might be floating around.

Thanks for the tips, I'll stay clear of it! I might tell them to bring a change of clothes in a bag too so they don't take any fur back to their house

Back