• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help

Sazt88

New Kit
I am currently bonding two rabbits together for three weeks one male and one female. Both be neutered. They are able to spend more than 9 hours together without fighting. The occasionally groom each other on their heads, they eat side by side. However they don't sleep near each other. The odd occasion they do is because the male has hoped over to her but if he is sleeping she won't join him. Does this mean bonding isn't working?

If they are happily spending the day together without fighting, have you tried leaving them together over night? Possibly with you nearby "just in case"

If they are happily spending the day together without fighting, have you tried leaving them together over night? Possibly with you nearby "just in case"

Yes I have twice. They still get along and show no aggression just sleep in separate areas on their home

Sounds like nothing to worry about to me. Have they been separated of do you now leave them together all the time without any fights?

Sounds like nothing to worry about to me. Have they been separated of do you now leave them together all the time without any fights?

I decided to bite the bullet and leave them together as I think separating them was doing more harm than good. They have spent 2 whole days and 2 nights without fighting. Thank you for your help

I decided to bite the bullet and leave them together as I think separating them was doing more harm than good. They have spent 2 whole days and 2 nights without fighting. Thank you for your help

That's great. We've just bonded a trio and that first time you leave them over night is scary isn't it, but it sounds like it's going well.

Welcome to the forum btw :wave: x

That's great. We've just bonded a trio and that first time you leave them over night is scary isn't it, but it sounds like it's going well.

Welcome to the forum btw :wave: x

Sure is scary but I know it will be worth it. And thank you I'm glad to be here :D

That sounds good and sounds like your bond is a success. It took a while for my buns to become cuddly, so in time they may spend more time snuggled together.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back