PDA

View Full Version : Vibes for Daisy please... U/D P65 getting better :o)

ripminnie
18-09-2016, 07:48 PM
My big beautiful girl hasn't been herself the last couple of days :( she is 6 and a half now, but she's a large breed, so she's getting on a bit. She has very bad arthritis in her hips. But she is off her food at the moment, I think triggered by the fact that she doesn't like the hay I've got at the moment :( her guts have slowed down a bit, her droppings are small and hard. I cut some grass for her today which she ate, and I went out to get brambles, which she is also eating. She's craving fibrous things. She did eat some tea earlier though, kale, parsley and coriander... I just don't want her to leave me just yet :( please send vibes for my darling Daisy...

happybun
18-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Daisy. xxx

Omi
18-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Daisy.

MimzMum
18-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Many keep eating and feel better vibes for Daisy. ((((Hugs)))) for you, too. xxxx

MightyMax
18-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Vibes for Daisy xxx

Babsie
18-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Lots of vibes for Daisy. Could you go out tomorrow and get her some hay she likes to encourage her to start eating again.

Zoobec
18-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Sending lots of vibes for her xx

tonibun
18-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Hope Daisy is feeling more like her normal self soon xx

Sarahbun
18-09-2016, 08:31 PM
vibes for Daisy (and for you) xx

daphnephoebe
18-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Sending lots of vibes xxxx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bunnybabbitsboing
18-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Lots of vibes for Daisy xx

Beau Belle
18-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Gentle NoseRubs for Daisy xx

olices
18-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Sending lots of vibes your way xx

MummyBunnyEm
18-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Hope things improve soon xx

TheThreeB's
18-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Sending more vibes for Daisy x

ripminnie
18-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Lots of vibes for Daisy. Could you go out tomorrow and get her some hay she likes to encourage her to start eating again.

I have farm baled hay, Timothy.co.uk hay, burns green oat, readigrass, and green oat readigrass... I'm running out of options!! She normally loves the Timothy, but for some reason she's not keen at the moment :(

ripminnie
18-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone. She is eating enough to satisfy me, but no output since lunchtime :( if no poops by tomorrow we'll be off to the vets :(

Babsie
18-09-2016, 10:38 PM
I have farm baled hay, Timothy.co.uk hay, burns green oat, readigrass, and green oat readigrass... I'm running out of options!! She normally loves the Timothy, but for some reason she's not keen at the moment :(

Oh, I thought you meant that for some reason you had a different hay and she'd taken a dislike to it. Perhaps she's in pain from her arthritis? It's unusual for them to go off all the hays they usually like, unless they are ill.

ripminnie
18-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Oh, I thought you meant that for some reason you had a different hay and she'd taken a dislike to it. Perhaps she's in pain from her arthritis? It's unusual for them to go off all the hays they usually like, unless they are ill.

Hmm, I am starting to think she may have eaten something in the garden that disagreed with her :( I just hope she starts improving tomorrow...

bunny momma
18-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Sending vibes for your Daisy. Has she been to the vet? It may be dental related or the start of stasis.
Is she on meds for her arthritis?

MightyMax
19-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks everyone. She is eating enough to satisfy me, but no output since lunchtime :( if no poops by tomorrow we'll be off to the vets :(

Oh dear :(

How are her teeth looking these days?

Sounds like gut motility meds may be required ... Will this mean a sleepless night for you?

Barn Yard Bunnies
19-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Millions of vibes. Hope Daisy has output soon. Xxx

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2016, 05:36 AM
I hope Daisy is feeling better by now ?

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Well, she did a fair few droppings overnight, but about half the size they should be, and very dry. Not eating much this morning, apart from a bit of grass and a couple of treats, and a bit of coriander. Going to vets at 2.10 :(

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Forgot to say, she's munching on her willow tunnel.

TheThreeB's
19-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Best of luck for this afternoon x

Captain Helen
19-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Hope she feels better soon. Sending lots of vibes for Daisy xx

Carrie14
19-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Hope the vets go well.

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Thanks... I'm actually at work, but luckily my boss is letting me have an extended lunch break to take Daisy. I'm worried about her. If she needs meds syringing at home I've got no chance :( and she isn't even eating her banana with metacam in it, only a little bit, and she needs that for her arthritis :(

Omi
19-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Sending vibes for Daisy. I hope the vet's visit goes well.

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Sounds like it might be 'Dental'. Sending more vibes for her x

MightyMax
19-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks... I'm actually at work, but luckily my boss is letting me have an extended lunch break to take Daisy. I'm worried about her. If she needs meds syringing at home I've got no chance :( and she isn't even eating her banana with metacam in it, only a little bit, and she needs that for her arthritis :(

Thinking of you both. Hope all goes well :)

bunnytoes
19-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Daisy. Hope it is agood out come at the vets this afternoon.

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Oh my God. What a traumatic experience!! When the vet was examining Daisy, he felt her bladder, then a huge wee gushed out at him, (soaking his pants!) which he was surprised at, as he said that doesn't usually happen with rabbits. Then he had another feel, and another huge wee came out.. And it just kept coming! Neither of us could believe how much was in there... It was very very sludgy :( it was like clay, he said :( it went all over everywhere and everything, and Daisy just sat there, bless her. We had to wait 45 mins to go in, as he was running late :( she has had metacam and baytril, and has to go back tomorrow to see if any more comes out.. I mentioned gut motility meds, but because we were in there ages and he was late, I think he forgot about it, and I got mixed up as she'd had baytril, only realised afterwards :( so I hope she is ok tonight. She has just gone outside anyway, and when I got back from work she'd eaten some brambles and coriander :) thanks for the vibes. My poor girl, she must have been so uncomfortable :( :( :(

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 05:35 PM
She's eating her tea now :)

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Ok, she didn't eat much :(

Jack's-Jane
19-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Poor girl. Is she less mobile due to her arthritis ? Reduced mobility can lead to bladder sludge. Personally I'd ask the Vet about running a full blood profile to see how her kidneys are coping. An abdominal xray would be useful, but it would require a GA to do it so it may not be appropriate at the moment.

Did the Vet give Daisy any fluids ? Now she has emptied her bladder maximising her fluid intake would help continue to flush the calcium deposits (sludge) in her bladder out.

I hope she will start to feel a lot better soon xx

Omi
19-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Gosh, what a shock for you, the vet and I suspect also Daisy :shock: Hopefully she'll feel a bit more comfortable now.

Sending eating vibes for her and I hope she improves soon.

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Poor girl. Is she less mobile due to her arthritis ? Reduced mobility can lead to bladder sludge. Personally I'd ask the Vet about running a full blood profile to see how her kidneys are coping. An abdominal xray would be useful, but it would require a GA to do it so it may not be appropriate at the moment.

Did the Vet give Daisy any fluids ? Now she has emptied her bladder maximising her fluid intake would help continue to flush the calcium deposits (sludge) in her bladder out.

I hope she will start to feel a lot better soon xx

I don't like the vet I saw :evil: he won't give S/C fluids for some reason, he does it IV, so they need to stay there for a while for that. I don't know why he won't do S/C :( but we are going back in the morning and seeing my favourite vet, so hopefully she'll do as I ask... Yes, I know about the reduced mobility issue - Daisy does tend to just sit around for most of the day. She has lost weight though, which is good, as she was very overweight... I will see about bloods tomorrow. Thanks Jane x

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Also, she has still been weeing lots! So I don't understand it really, where all that came from today?? I just cleaned out her litter tray (I do it after work every day) and three whole newspapers were soaked through! And that's from before the vet trip...!

tonibun
19-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Oh dear! Sending more vibes for Daisy xx

biscandmatt1
19-09-2016, 08:35 PM
poor daisy. sending vibes x

Fluffybunny54
19-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Lots of vibes for Daisy. xxxxx

ripminnie
19-09-2016, 10:15 PM
She has eaten lots of Spring greens and some parsley this evening... Not ideal for sludgy bladders, but anything is better than nothing right now.. She had a nice juicy grape too. Then just now before I went to bed, she produced her first poops all day.. Really tiny sticky things at first, but they gradually got a bit bigger.. Still a long way from being normal, but I'm so glad something is coming out again... Hopefully tomorrows vet will help her improve some more...

Barn Yard Bunnies
19-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Glad you have poo and Daisy is feeling much better tomorrow. Xxx

Carrie14
20-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Good luck at the vet.

I used to have a bun with really chalky wee. Nothing else wrong with her.
My very rabbit savvy vet said to increase fluid input by making her drink more water. A splash of apple juice in her bowl and her urine was diluted.

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Topping up the get well vibes for Daisy xx

Bunny Buddy
20-09-2016, 07:05 AM
She has eaten lots of Spring greens and some parsley this evening... Not ideal for sludgy bladders, but anything is better than nothing right now.. She had a nice juicy grape too. Then just now before I went to bed, she produced her first poops all day.. Really tiny sticky things at first, but they gradually got a bit bigger.. Still a long way from being normal, but I'm so glad something is coming out again... Hopefully tomorrows vet will help her improve some more...

I don't know if you've read this and the other information on calcium/bladder sludge on here: https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/diet-sheets/diet-sheet-for-rabbits-with-urinary-tract-disease/view But I wouldn't worry too much about feeding spring greens and parsley, hydration is the key, especially right now so greens is the best food, even moderate calcium greens.

The 'big wee' is exactly what happened with Artie when he was first diagnosed with bladder sludge, I've no idea how a dwarf lop could fit that amount of liquid in his bladder! I was told he held it so long as it would be painful passing it given all the calcium in it :cry:

ripminnie
20-09-2016, 07:20 AM
I don't know if you've read this and the other information on calcium/bladder sludge on here: https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/diet-sheets/diet-sheet-for-rabbits-with-urinary-tract-disease/view But I wouldn't worry too much about feeding spring greens and parsley, hydration is the key, especially right now so greens is the best food, even moderate calcium greens.

The 'big wee' is exactly what happened with Artie when he was first diagnosed with bladder sludge, I've no idea how a dwarf lop could fit that amount of liquid in his bladder! I was told he held it so long as it would be painful passing it given all the calcium in it :cry:

Thanks :) yes, I've read that before, as I have another bun who had a similar problem. The thing with Daisy though is that she WAS still weeing, her litter tray was still soaked every day! I'm really confused!!

Jack's-Jane
20-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Thanks :) yes, I've read that before, as I have another bun who had a similar problem. The thing with Daisy though is that she WAS still weeing, her litter tray was still soaked every day! I'm really confused!!

She may have been weeing, but not fully emptying her bladder every time. Thus allowing the sediment to build up and eventually become too thick to pass without a bit of help. Bladder sludge can develop over several weeks or even months before the problem becomes evident.

ripminnie
20-09-2016, 10:16 AM
She may have been weeing, but not fully emptying her bladder every time. Thus allowing the sediment to build up and eventually become too thick to pass without a bit of help. Bladder sludge can develop over several weeks or even months before the problem becomes evident.

Ok, thanks Jane. I have left Daisy at the vets this morning for fluids and blood test, she did some more tiny droppings overnight and is still eating her greens. Hopefully she'll feel better when I pick her up at lunchtime :)

MightyMax
20-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Ok, thanks Jane. I have left Daisy at the vets this morning for fluids and blood test, she did some more tiny droppings overnight and is still eating her greens. Hopefully she'll feel better when I pick her up at lunchtime :)

Hope you've good news by now.

Topping up the vibes for Daisy :wave:

ripminnie
20-09-2016, 07:21 PM
So I picked Daisy up at lunchtime. She's had 250ml of fluids, metacam, baytril, emeprid and Zantac injections, full blood profile. I have metacam and baytril injections for tomorrow, so I don't have to take her back unless necessary. She has eaten some grass, Spring greens and parsley this evening, and done some bigger droppings than yesterday :) still won't eat hay or much else... But she seems happier...

biscandmatt1
20-09-2016, 07:30 PM
i'm glad to hear that daisy feels happier :love: fingers crossed for the blood results x

ripminnie
20-09-2016, 07:36 PM
i'm glad to hear that daisy feels happier :love: fingers crossed for the blood results x

Thank you :) xx

ripminnie
21-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Hardly any poops overnight, just those little horrible hard things again :( although she ate a big plate of greens and parsley! Really worried. Bloods come back today. I need her to get better :( will have to take her for more gut injections I think :(

ripminnie
21-09-2016, 07:59 AM
This is like a roller coaster :( she's just been in her litter tray and done some better poops.. She must have read my mind about taking her back to the vets... I'll see how she is at lunchtime.

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2016, 08:17 AM
It will probably take a couple of days for her GI tract motility to fully return to normal. It may be a good idea to keep the prokinetics going until her poo output is normal again xx

ripminnie
21-09-2016, 08:18 AM
It will probably take a couple of days for her GI tract motility to fully return to normal. It may be a good idea to keep the prokinetics going until her poo output is normal again xx

Thanks Jane. It's so stressful having a poorly bun! Luckily it's been a while since I've experienced it, but it's horrid :(

MightyMax
21-09-2016, 10:55 AM
This is like a roller coaster :( she's just been in her litter tray and done some better poops.. She must have read my mind about taking her back to the vets... I'll see how she is at lunchtime.

From experience it can take 2/3 days for gut motility to establish itself once more.

Is she drinking well? Could you syringe her some water to ensure she's well hydrated? :D

ripminnie
21-09-2016, 01:36 PM
From experience it can take 2/3 days for gut motility to establish itself once more.

Is she drinking well? Could you syringe her some water to ensure she's well hydrated? :D

If only!! No chance of me syringing anything, I'm afraid... She developed a fear of syringes in the rescue I got her from, as the guy in charge of the rabbits wasn't the most gentle of handlers, and he medicated her after she was spayed :(
This is why the vet gave me some injectable meds to bring home yesterday.. But I cocked up the metacam this morning, it came out the other side of the 'tent' I'd made in her scruff :( I'm just useless :(
But! She is eating much more enthusiastically now, she's just had a heaped saucer full of wet Spring greens/parsley, with no hesitation at all... Poops are nowhere near enough still, but the size has improved. I'm hoping she's on her way back up now...

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Hope Daisy is back to normal soon. I cant syringe feed Mr B, you just can't with some bunnies. Good luck with the next injection. Xxx

Jack's-Jane
21-09-2016, 02:20 PM
If only!! No chance of me syringing anything, I'm afraid... She developed a fear of syringes in the rescue I got her from, as the guy in charge of the rabbits wasn't the most gentle of handlers, and he medicated her after she was spayed :(
This is why the vet gave me some injectable meds to bring home yesterday.. But I cocked up the metacam this morning, it came out the other side of the 'tent' I'd made in her scruff :( I'm just useless :(
But! She is eating much more enthusiastically now, she's just had a heaped saucer full of wet Spring greens/parsley, with no hesitation at all... Poops are nowhere near enough still, but the size has improved. I'm hoping she's on her way back up now...

Sounds as though she is gradually improving. I really hope the trend continues. You are not useless, I defy anyone to claim that they have never messed up giving an injection. Although no doubt someone will :lol:

MightyMax
21-09-2016, 02:54 PM

:( Oh dear, poor little one!

You're not at all useless - we've all done the tent thing and it coming out the other side :wave:

Glad to hear she is eating - hope it continues. Lots of vibes xx

ripminnie
21-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Well, after messing up this mornings injection, I wasn't taking any chances tonight, so took Daisy back to the vets so they could do it!! So she's had metacam, baytril and emeprid tonight, and had her bladder expressed again - normal wee this time :) she is loads happier now, interested in things again and hopping about more, and looking for food :) just need her output to improve, and I think she'll be fine :) I had to take her tonight or I would have just spent the whole night worrying... I haven't slept all week as it is! Hopefully tonight will be better!! Thanks guys x

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Great news. Xxx

Jack's-Jane
22-09-2016, 06:00 AM
Really pleased to hear that Daisy is recovering now xx

Vanessa.B
22-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Good news - some more continuing to improve vibes coming Daisy's way x

ripminnie
22-09-2016, 10:08 AM
I should keep my mouth shut! She is still bright this morning, but output hasn't improved and smells awful - probably due to the meds? Not eaten as much this morning, but I think she was worried I was going to grab her again, bless her... Maybe she will improve more once the antibiotics are out of her system, as she was doing better last night before she had the baytril again..

MightyMax
22-09-2016, 11:06 AM
I should keep my mouth shut! She is still bright this morning, but output hasn't improved and smells awful - probably due to the meds? Not eaten as much this morning, but I think she was worried I was going to grab her again, bless her... Maybe she will improve more once the antibiotics are out of her system, as she was doing better last night before she had the baytril again..

Yes the meds can muck things up a bit - just like in hoomins. I was glad to see the update last night, so I really hope she steadily improves during today.

You need a bit of worry off your shoulders so you can get some rest too :D