• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Typical

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So bunnies started banging the wood on their baby gate as loud as they physically could at about 4 am.
This carried on until I eventually gave up and opened the gate

In response to their gate being opened they decided to spend the whole day like this:

89c2c80ca443a43bfa7e3206f8a1ac35.jpg

They only recently came downstairs.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

They just like to know they can go places should they need or want to I reckon. A closed door is a blocked warren exit maybe. If Joey is outside & Bob accidentally shuts the back door he'll hover by it til its open again

It's just odd for them to do it. We normally shut them in at night around 11pm until 8am and they've always known this to be routine.

Think they were just trying to see if they could get out extra early.

It's just odd for them to do it. We normally shut them in at night around 11pm until 8am and they've always known this to be routine.

Think they were just trying to see if they could get out extra early.

My buns often want to have access to somewhere. Not that they really want to 'go in' there, just that they want the possibility should the desire arise in them :roll:

they like showing you whos boss lol.. then making you suck up to them ( with treats) tiggi nudges me to move every time she goes near me even though she has 4 foot in either direction to get past, if i dont move she pulls my sock. And me like the bun slave i am move out of the way for her like she is the queen, she has me whipped good and proper :lol: i love the cheekiness of her though so i allow it :shock:

That is funny that they don't normally do this but all my bunnies that I have ever had would go bonkers if ever locked in. They would after their door was open just stay in. I think they hate the fact that in case they wanted out they could not get out. Funny bunnies but I can not blame them.

Poor things are probably exhausted. They had to get up at 4am to wake you up [emoji38]
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] yes, poor things having to wake us up early for a day of nothing.
They started at midnight last night but gave up after 1/2 hour and started again at 4 am at regular intervals.

That is funny that they don't normally do this but all my bunnies that I have ever had would go bonkers if ever locked in. They would after their door was open just stay in. I think they hate the fact that in case they wanted out they could not get out. Funny bunnies but I can not blame them.

They've had this all their lives, they really don't mind being confined (unless it's a carrier because carrier = vets). They have a blackout blind on their window to prevent shadows etc, they get forage etc overnight to keep them busy to prevent boredom. They've got plenty of room over night (100sqft) with bolt holes etc.
They've been acting extra clingy since this behaviour has surfaced so they've landed themselves a vet trip to check them out next week.

they like showing you whos boss lol.. then making you suck up to them ( with treats) tiggi nudges me to move every time she goes near me even though she has 4 foot in either direction to get past, if i dont move she pulls my sock. And me like the bun slave i am move out of the way for her like she is the queen, she has me whipped good and proper [emoji38] i love the cheekiness of her though so i allow it :shock:
I thought it was just phoebe who insisted on making people move in order to get somewhere.
I watch them at night when OH is playing piano... they sneak up behind him and start nudging his feet so he stops playing and lifts his feet so they can walk past the pedals. Then they loop back around and start all over again. [emoji38]

Mine will sit in the base of the htch and wait for us to open the door to the lawn. When we're out before work, seeing to them before we're out for the day :roll: Even when it is lawn-mowing time (usually a Sunday, though soon to be Saturdays) they will often try and nose their way out while we insert the tube into the hatch then sit and stare at the tube for a few seconds. Sometimes they'll go out, hop about then come back in, lazy bunnies!

And I do agree with the moving thing. I've stopped giving in unless I perceive I am actually properly in the way! Lopsy's only bitten me once for it, and I was taking up most of the run at the time :lol: ;P

I remember my bridge bunny Rio used to thump and shred and pull up the newspaper that was under his hay in his cage of a morning around 6.00am.He wanted his breakfast! He slept in my room,he was my niece's pet but she was allergic to hay,har! His wife bun was in a separate cage,also in my room.They were too big for one cage.They were free ranging in the house all day,just caged for sleeping.This was years ago.I miss them both.

Last edited:
Back